View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
I got a Cineroc just after NARAM-50. I got it dirt cheap, but the batteries were installed and they and the battery harness were badly corroded. The rubber band on the pulley, of course, was toast, but otherwise, the rest of the camera appears to be in good shape. The main decision has to be whether to repair or attempt to replace the battery harness. Since I'm not as eager to actually run film through the camera, that decision has so far been very easy -- do nothing, and just bring it out occasionally to show people!

Roy-

I pulled the Cineroc back out and removed the new N cells from the battery holder assembly. The following company name appears on the bottom of each battery holder 'trough': Acme Model Engineering Co., Ridgefield, NJ.

There was no part number that I could see though. I haven't done any Google checks to see if these folks might still be around, but it would probably be worth a check see. Who knows, they might still be in business and may even still carry this double N cell holder that you could replace yours with.

Earl

Edit: looks like they are still in business (they've changed their name, but there are still references to 'Acme' on their web site) and still make that same dual N cell battery holder. See here: http://www.utmfg.com/product/BAT-N/130.html

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970