View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
Dear Barone
I tried to open the files you posted, put could not?
Arley,

If you can't just click on them to open, you'll have to save them first and then open them by double clicking them from the directory you save them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley DAvis
You said?
(At the forward end of the motor tube, approximately 1 inch aft, are four holes 90 degrees apart. The baffle was simply a length of BT-50 coupler (well, thicker than normal) with a plug in the aft end. This was inserted into the motor tube until it was flush with the forward end of the holes.)
I do not understand, put maybe if I see the plans, also what is a Tang
The holes are punched in the motor tube about 1" from the front, 90 degrees apart like you were mounting four fins on a rocket. Once you save the tif images and open them, you should be able to figure it out. Tang was an orange drink (couldn't resist). The tang is just something to connect the recovery system together with (and the body kit). Again, I've got a drawing of it in the tifs provided.

Quote:
Also what was the thickens of the Balsa-Ply fins?
They were 1/8" I think. But that was the ply. I think you can use 1/16" basswood okay. I'll re-measure and post when I get home.

Quote:
Everyone Knows the Launch Lug needs to be at the center of gravity or was there two launch lugs on the Lift-Kit and one on the Body-Kit.
Only one launch lug and it was with the lift kit. I haven't mounted mine yet but I'm putting it at the joint between the lift kit and the body kit.