View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The bagged Enerjet Athena that JUST sold on ebay for $272 was a bargain seeing as the boxed one that was on ebay earlier this year sold for just under $500 !!!

The only parts that are difficult to obtain for the build are the wraps, which are made from 1/100 scale Centuri/Estes Saturn 1B wraps.

With those wraps, you cut them to fit the Athena clone; the kit came with the wraps correctly trimmed.

I cloned mine using the dimensions out of the '72 Enerjet Catalog along with a copy of the Athena instructions.

I have the decals on mine now, but some of the striping has yet to be done.
I'd say it is 90% complete, and it has flown several times.
I can't recall all the engines I have used in it, but I know it has went up on an Estes SU BP D12-3, an Aerotech RMS24 D15-4T, and an Aerotech RMS24 E28T.
I don't think it has went up on anything in the "F" class yet and seem to recall I loaded an RMS24 F24-7W for it but used the reload in my Enerjet AeroDart instead.

I actually have an Enerjet "working smoke" Nike-Smoke in the bag awaiting build.
About 2-3 years ago I paid like $80 for the opened-but-complete kit on ebay with intent of building it but have not done so. I may be one of the last people that actually intends to BUILD an Enerjet kit instead of hoarding it.
All of the collectible kits that I have bought I intend to build, much to the chagrin of collectors. I really enjoy cloning, but there just is something magical about building the vintage originals that motivates me to do my best....in fact building original kits is about the ONLY time I fill in tube-spirals.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !