View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 PM
BP Mafia

My latest four arrived today. Rough, and not exactly built with anything resembling craftsmanlike skills, but those are the kinds of rockets I can fly at B6-4 Field without worry.
The Galactic Taxi is dirty, fairly chewed up, and contains a spent C6-5 engine casing, telling me that someone flew this thing without regard for recovery, kinda like me at age 14. I've already got one fin reattached and I need to find what the fiddly bits are that seem to be missing. It will also need a new recovery system, the one included having dry rotted. If I fly this weekend, this one will likely be on the card. No matter how fugly it is.
The Mini Shuttle is dirty, missing the tail fin, has a loosened wing, and is also loaded with a spent C6-5. It also had wax drippings on it in several spots. The C6-5 sticks out past the engine hook by about the length of an engine block, leading me to believe that the engine hook was installed at the wrong end of the engine block. (Surprisingly, I've never done that. ) The new fin should be easy, and I think a general overall cleaning will make a huge difference.
The Bullpup was missing a rear fin. Looks like a quicky build. No sealer, but the decals are real decals, not peel and stick. Feels like it weighs a ton. The broken fin is back on and drying as I type. Definitely on the flight card the next time out.
The X-16 is the roughest of the bunch. All three rear fins are off. One is missing. The decals are peeling to the point that I blew some dust off and one of the decals went flying off in pieces. It's loaded with a spent B6-4. I think this one gets a full restore. It's cool and seldom seen.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper