View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:59 PM
7/21/61

Price through ebay is $500. ~$100 less if you contact me and I put you in touch with Dan.

Mandrels are 10.5 mm, 13 mm, 18 mm. (BT-4, BT-5, BT-20) Larger mandrels are available for an additional fee upon request.

Here is the text from the ebay listing:

Simply put, this is the very best model rocketry fin jig you can buy. Nothing else on the market even comes close. Although you can put fins on an Estes Alpha with it, that is not what it was designed for. This fin jig is a piece ultra high precision equipment for completely controlling all degrees of fin placement. It allows for very simple, precise, absolutely repeatable fin placement capable of allowing world class competition modelers to compete with the best in the world.

For many years world class competition fliers used a fin jig designed and built by Art Rose. Art was a U.S. and International medal winning competitor who also happened to be a really talented machinist. For years Art made his fin jigs available and they were highly prized by U.S. and International competitors. In fact, they are so highly prized that you never see one offered for sale on eBay or anywhere else.

But when Art passed away a few years ago, the fin jigs became completely unavailable.

Then my son started competing.

And I am a machinist.

So I borrowed one of Art’s fin jigs from a friend and I created my own version. These competition level fin jigs are identical to the original with some new features added. Art’s original jigs had preset hole locations for 3-finned rockets. I added additional holes to allow absolutely precise fin placement for 4-finned rockets as well. There is also a dial on the end of the rotation wheel to all precise fin placement for any number of fins to within 1 degree of whatever you desire. In addition, I had all the aluminum hardware anodized blue (both for part protection and because it just really looks cool, LOL)

As I said at the outset, this is simply the highest precision fin placement jig that you can buy. Nothing else on the market even compares.

The fin jig comes complete with mandrels for 10.5mm, 13mm, and 18mm tube sizes (BT-4, BT-5, BT-20). If you would like, for an extra fee, I can also make other sized mandrels for you.

It also comes with 3 Allen keys for the mandrels.

A great rocketeer once said “straight fins are good. Straighter fins are better. Straightest fins are best. For sport rockets, fin placement is important. For competition rockets, fin placement is vital.”

Even if you are not a competition flier, if you want the very best fin placement possible, this is the tool you need to own.