View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Two thoughts:

[1] Cast polyurethane resin with microballoons (microbulb filler) is light enough to float on water. The nose cones (and boat-tails, body tube adapters, and even scale fins) could be machined out of "blanks" made of microballoon-filled resin.

[2] Maybe those of us who want custom nose cones from Semroc could chip in as a group (along with Carl & Co., if they're interested) to buy one of these machines for/with Semroc? It wouldn't take long for us to order all of the custom parts (not just nose cones) that would make it worth our while (perhaps they could "pay" us in a certain number of free nose cones per subscriber).

If we did something like that, I would suggest going with one of the larger machines. They also have a scanner function, so you can scan an original (oop?) nosecone and copy it. They also are capable of machining metal. Still under 5,000? I think

Then again, the whole reason I was on this company's web page in the first place was because I was following a link for a desktop printer which prints with white ink. It's way too pricey (it prints on anything, like cell phones , wallets etc.) but as long as I'm dreaming.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.