Thread: Virtual NARCON
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 04:59 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I have been flying them since the betas over a year ago, and I will certainly have to say something about the Mini, and also the upcoming Comp (as I have been flying a prototype). BUT....I was asked to focus on altimeters for the National Rocketry Competition events and the FS devices are not yet accepted for contest use by the NAR. I have been working with Russ (the man behind FlightSketch) and with the NAR contest board chairman to facilitate that wherever I could, but at the moment the ball is in Russ' court (and he has real life, job, kids and COVID complications in same to deal with along with working on FlightSketch stuff and running his web store). I won't go into details here about why it's not yet contest accepted, but there is still some work to do on the on-board software to get it there.

That said, the majority of the time it does a wonderful job and the price/feature combination is simply unbeatable. For sport flying it is great as is, though I recommend one look at the graph of the flight and not just the summarized data.

I got my Virtual NARCON ticket last night and I have your session marked as attending
Looking forward to it Bernard!
It’s cool you are working with Russ. I hope he is very successful with his FlightSketch line of products and can get contest acceptance. I plan to fly mine again when our field reopens in the spring.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates