View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
The last pour it looked like he just poured the foam into a tube coupler to finish the shoulder off.

The 2250 clone he sold me parts for was actually a reduced size and was much the same as the NCR kit for 3x24mm motors.

I was excited to have that because very little information was available to me at the time when I built those first EnerJet clones .....
I have attached some photos of Composite Dynamics (#2-Torrance-Davis) nose cones. The foam nose cone for BT-72 (BT-70HD) side and end views. I also attached a photo of the 1" OD 24mm rocket resin nose cone. This one is an engineering sample and has no attachment method installed. It has also been repurposed several times over the years and cannot be destroyed.

The 2250 had motor tubes far too big to fit in the main tube so had to be squished to fit. The NCR "clone" and the Stargate "clone" are NOT 2250's.

Very little information was available to anyone. I think I did better than most because my parents drove me to Indian School Road in Phoenix one summer where I bought stuff directly from Lee. I figure in hindsight he was basically making kits from scratch in the back for me as I waited. I got some F67's, G76's a 2250, a 2650, a 1340, and a few stock Enerjet kits as well. That was the only reliable way to get real literature because he was basically going into the rare files to pull something out quick to look professional. The fin patterns were hand drawn on balsa by pencil in arbitrary spots for example.

The Rosenfield drawings are the best data that ever existed for those kits.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  CD.FNC-72.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  101.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CD.FNC-72.0.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  93.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  CD.RNC-52.0.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  46.7 KB