Thread: FSI Kit Eras
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
I assumed that the Raytown-designed kits all came out in 1977, which (as far as I know) was the first new catalog in many years.

That's the one I got when I sent off for a catalog after finding the address in a list of suppliers. I sent for it in late '77 and finally got it in the spring of '78. Dad had a habit of throwing anything out that he considered junk, which in his mind was most of what I owned, so I hid all of my rocket catalogs, plans, scale data, etc. in the cushion of an old couch that we had in the basement. One day I came home and found that it had been donated to charity. I always wonder if anyone ever unzipped the cushion to find out what was causing that odd lump in the left cushion. I've been looking for another copy ever since I saw the one on Ninfinger. Tough to come by.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper