View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 02:14 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastfromthepast
I haven't done this since 1976, when my 'old-fleet' Estes A20 Demon was brush painted with butyrate dope.

Currently on the workbench is a newly-built clone EAC Viper. It's been sitting around in primer for quite some time awaiting a painting day when the weather isn't so crappy.

With the onset of being stuck at home indoors now, I made the decision that I would try my hand at brush painting the bird.

So far, I have completed the booster rocket white base color and the purple nose.

This week, I have moved on to masking and applying the fin paint patterns.

Surprisingly, the brushed-on finish is turning out much better than anticipated.

In the near future, I will be writing up blog posts (linked below) describing whatever insights and pitfalls I have encountered with brush painting a model rocket.

Cheers!

That’s really neat, I brush painted an Estes V2, a Screamer and a Goblin in the 70s that turned out Ok, then I discovered a can of Floresent yellow spray paint and painted my Nike -X and the basement floor with it. My dad was not happy!! He banished me to paint in the garage after that.