Thread: JAL3 Back again
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 08:11 AM
Rocket Powered Preacher

Default JAL3 Back again

I am finally back after more than a month.

I have spent 19 days in 3 quarantine facilities in two provinces.

My "business" was on a very small spit of sand posing as an island, a 5 hour ferry ride from Prince Edward Island out into the Atlantic. Connectivity there is problematic in terms of both phone and internet service. Internet wasn't really an issue because I was halfway across Alabama before realizing that I had left my laptop on my desk in San Antonio.

My purpose in going up there was to reach one of my oldest and dearest friends who had a terminal diagnosis. He retired to the home "town" of his wife after retiring from the USMC. By the time I got there, he was no longer conscious. He died the next day. I did his funeral and helped his wife arrange for survivor benefits. Much of this could not be done practically in the time frame I had availble on the small island so I "commuted" to PEI to handle these things. At least English was the primary language there; my French is almost non-existent.

I am finally home and have ensured that my wife did not file for survivor benefits from me; made sure the dogs remember what I smell like; ensured the cat still doesn't care one way or another as long as the food and litter box are taken care of; checked to make sure I still have a job because I know I haven't had a paycheck in over a month.

Before leaving, I made sure that I did not have any outstanding commitments. There was one rocket that I went ahead and mailed out at my expense. Other than that, all I had some listings and some boxes of rockets that had been paid for and which I had agreed to store in case others might be bought in the future. No problem, or so I thought.

The day before my last quarantine in Moncton was to come to an end, I got an email on my phone from PayPal saying that somebody had opened a case against me. I had no access to my records to check the situation out and I did not have my login information for paypal on my phone. It would have to wait until I got home.

I DID have Troj's email on my phone and asked him to post a message for me on TRF. I was certain that the complaint came from someone there. I am most grateful that he did so and appreciate his help in this matter. It did take me longer to made the drive back than I expected but I am finally back. I even had a few hours of sleep after getting home last night.

As it happens, I still do have a job and am even picking up a shift tonight for the hospital system.

Today and tomorrow, I will make sure that I did not mess up on getting anyone's merchandise shipped out. I will be in contact the the unhappy customer just as soon as I have a chance. That is not "RIGHT NOW" but it will be today or tomorrow.

If anyone else is unhappy with me, please let me know and I will try to rectify any problems that I may have caused. I know of no other cases at present but I have been hard to reach and may not know about it.

Thank You,

JAL
TRA 03040, L1 8 March 2008
Photos of the "Fleet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/

I used to tell Mom, "...I want to fly rockets when I grow up!"

She said, "Make up your mind, you can't do both!"