View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
The_Ripper

Ace Rockets also made the Legal Eagle rocket. It shared the "Legal" name with the Legal Allegro because both of these 3x24mm cluster sport rockets could legally be flown within NAR limits.

I think the Ace Legal Allegro used 2.25" dia. tubing with approx. 6" ogive nose cone. Maybe someone else on the forum may know but the Semroc BTH-70 is probably a pretty close match but I think Carl only makes the Secant Ogive for the ARCAS kits in that size tubing. You may consider Carl, Sandman or BMS if you don't mind a balsa cone for your kit. Back in the day Composite Dynamics and Stargate Rocketry also sold similar sized tubing but I'm not exactly sure the wall thickness, but they were heavy walled and about 2.25" od.

Al Swackhammer will most likely chime in. He has some original ACE rockets and plans. Ace parts were pretty commonplace with early HPR scratch builders and I saw a bunch of the Ace rockets in action at the first LDRS that I attended in Hartsel, CO.

California Rocketry (Jerry Irvine's publication) featured advertisements for Ace Rockets and made mention of Korey Kline in almost every issue.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates