View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Master Modeler

For me the big deal is not kits but parts. I went on several binges buying kits when Sheryl announced she and Bruce were going to shut down and have more than I'll be able to build in my lifetime. I did miss a couple that I wanted to get (mainly from the SLS line) but otherwise I'm not really looking for more kits any time soon.

But that doesn't stop me from scratch building my own designs for both sport and competition and Semroc has been my dream parts supplier over the past five plus years. They have been my go-to place for tubes of both Estes and Centuri sizes (and including clear tubing for payload sections in more-than-4-inch lengths), stage couplers, ply disks to fit them so they can be made into payload bulkheads, engine hooks, and more. Some of that stuff is available from other suppliers but what Semroc carried all in one place was unmatched. I would love to be able to rely in that resource again.

I don't have the space or tools to make my own as tbzep does.

I agree with him on which kits would be priority, though - the ones that are hard to clone on one's own.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE