View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:46 AM
rocket dinosaur

Smile

my only response to "sweetened" pistons with BP is when does an igniter no longer become an igniter and it becomes "sweetening".....

for example, one of the issues that have always dogged piston launchers is ignition......so is it cheating or sweetening to use an electrically ignited single flash pan that has a little BP in it to ignite the motor?

What if my DIY igniter has been dipped in nitrocellulose and then dipped in a little BP, is that cheating or sweetening the pot?

what is I was to paint the nozzle area of my motor with NC and then add a few sprinkles of BP...then electrically ignite it......

where do you draw the line between what is an igniter and what is sweetening and cheating.?

George said, "Or perhaps the cheaters got better at cheating in a way that the extra BP would only go off if the motor really did ignite." <--- This is what has happened.

Maybe the FAI needs to impound the igniters and pistons before the competition like they do with the motors.

I agree that with your examples something is obviously amiss, and the fact no protest was lodged tells me even more. To not upset the applecart. To this day we don't really know what's inside the Russian or some eastern European pistons......I wonder if silicon chalking produces any gases when lit?