View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Doug, what was your source on that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timorley
I have a gum cam, but same as AL, interested in some details on the one you have.

Have you test flown the Delta/Scamroc combo yet?
Haven't flown it yet. I have three camera rockets now, and haven't flown any of them Wunna dese days...

Here's a pic of the lighter cam alongside the gum cam. At right is the business end of the lighter cam.

Here's the site I got it from.
http://www.meritline.com/new-usb-li...?source=d2b0409
I gave $13.49 (w/free shipping) when I bought it. Haven't fired it up yet, so I don't even know how well or if it works

For use with the Scamroc, my thinking was to either make an extra nosecone for mounting the Scamroc looking up out the nose...or...make a second payload tube with a slot on one side into which the lighter cam would be partially recessed, loking down, with a little angle to look slightly off axis (tilted away radially) rather than looking straight down the side of the rocket.
One of my flying buddies here, Dave Schaefer, hit me up one night telling me about a key chain (key fob, linky) cam he was looking at. These are similar to the lighter cam in that the lens axis is along the long axis of the enclosure. While poking around there, I found the lighter cam which I thought was a better form factor (ie, skinny) plus had the lens on the narrow end versus the wide side ala the gum cam.

Doug

YORF member #11