View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 05:39 PM
Master Modeler

Looking at the specs, I would expect pretty satisfying, but not terribly high, flights on the 29mm BP motors. It's quite a bit heavier than the Super Big Bertha (and of course, larger in diameter) but not horribly so. AC Supply's listing projects a max altitude of 600 feet. That sounds more realistic than 1100. That the 4 second delay versions of the E16 and F15 are recommended corroborates that for me. The SBB works best on -6s and the Star Obiter on -8s (especially the F15).

The best way to shave weight on this PSII kits is to build as directed and skip all those lovely "improvements" that people tend to make (especially denizens of that other forum)—building all with epoxy, substituting different materials for centering rings or fins, that sort of thing.

I'm a little miffed at the one review left on estesrockets.com. Whoever "Kevin" is, he obviously has never built a Mega Mosquito or a Super Big Bertha or a Mega DRM.

added later: saw this on the other forum: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...17/post-2093301

It looks like they are three pieces, but not made into a ply sandwich as I was expecting (see Super Big Bertha or Mega Mosquito). Up to now I was all for getting at least one of these, but now I'm not so sure about a 14.5 ounce model landing on 1/8 inch balsa fins..... *sigh*
AMA 42160
KG7AIE