View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 AM
7/21/61

Great competitor. Great collector.

I first met Jonathan at NARAM 50 when he was very helpful to me and my daughter. Even though he was a serious competitor, he went out of his way to offer help to us newbies. I've never forgotten that selfless kindness.

I subsequently found out that Jonathan belonged to my club here in Michigan (HUVARS) years before I joined. He moved out west years ago but I love hearing the stories from the old timers about his many hilarious envelope stretching (mis)adventures.

Over this last year I had the opportunity to sit and talk with Jonathan a number of times about those stories and he would laugh and laugh and add even more. I also loved talking to him about his truly amazing rocketry collection, one of the very best in the country. Lots of very rare, historic items, and an incredible journey through model rocketry collecting.

I was always surprised that the Jonathan that showed up on these various forums was so unlike the warm, incredibly talkative, fascinating rocketeer that I knew.

I will truly miss Jonathan, but I am grateful that his struggle has come to an end.

Rest in peace my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_4365 2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  131.9 KB