View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton
I remember reading (I think it was in this forum) about some of the kits you had in the pipeline at Estes that were cancelled. (I especially liked the shooting star). Have you ever considered taking those (or any of your other ideas) to Quest or a similar vendor to see if they were interested? (Or are the designs still considered Estes' property). Just curious....
Craig

No, they are mine. I had my prototypes returned, half of which were damaged.
Right now, Estes has at least 12 - 15 of my prototypes in the "rocket graveyard" where prototypes are put for later consideration.

I have a lot more prototypes at home as well, that were shot down and returned.
I have launched several at the June and Sept GSSS launches here in NJ.

One potential designs were the Skunk familt that I called Lil Stinkers, I had a mini, standard and D powered version, they looked like skunks, even down to the tails.

Some might think, not more of this type of rocket like the Pop Fly, Porta Pot Shot and the others, but at the Sept launch, I had many great comments on my larger skunk.

I have all types of prototypes, if a compant wants tp produce my designs, get in touch with me, if they weren't already produced by Estes under an agreement between the two parties, they are mine.

Maybe sometime I will post some photos.