View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I would be intetested in whether anyone has more information on the MRC Tracker motors. I bought about 12 packs on clearance at our Hobby Town around 1990-91, for about $1. The store tag shows $3.65 for a pack of B6-4s, dated 8-28-89. I also have A8-3, B4-4, and C6-5 packs. I have not found much information in my searches.

I remember using a few, and they worked perfectly, but not much recollection beyond that (that was ~30 years ago!).

I thought there were no igniters, then noticed two were taped onto one of the motors. To use, the leads were inserted thru the tiny hole in the black plastic “fake nozzle”, the tip dropped into the motor, and then black nozzle was pressed into a small recess in the motor’s nozzle to secure the igniter, and finally the red plastic cap snapped into the black nozzle to hold the leads firmly in place, and separated. Note the glass beads on the igniter hold them separated, and allow spreading of the ends of the leads without concern for the leads near the tip. Quite ingenious.

Since they are made in Germany and the nozzles look just like the quest Weco motors, I think they are Weco. The German labeling may be under the paper. Are the casings a little short?