View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 11:32 AM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I have a special treat for you guys. CRS (NAR Section #193 Polaris) held a sanctioned NAR Open launch where several notables attended including Gary Rosenfield who submitted this Enerjet 2650 (uprated to two stage) you will recognize from drawings he has sold for decades. He submitted the drawings and the rocket itself as his scale data for his sub-scale model of the same rocket.

Here Vince Palmire displays the historical artifact with a quite serious gaze. The location is Claremont High School adjacent to Cahuilla Park in Claremont. In the background of that photo is a building called Taylor Hall. Circa 1970.

Jerry

Very cool picture. I never did see a picture the rocket itself, only the uprated 2650 drawings. I attempted a shot at building one from the drawings and although I got a good bit of it right, I used a LOC nose cone and that was way off now seeing a picture of the real rocket. Wish now I would have used the 2.7" USR airframe tubing instead of the thin wall LOC stuff as I suffered damage on the first flight and had to rebuild the upper section post flight.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...284&postcount=1

How exciting that you and your friends were able to build and fly these EnerJet sounding rockets and have this experience first hand. That is truly something to be proud of and reflect on.

Thanks for documenting this valuable information. As others have already expressed in this thread, this information that you posted is very much appreciated!

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates