View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Painting the Interceptor nose cone with Rustoleum gloss white automotive enamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ
My thought is to shoot the nose lightly, so as to just give it the color, but not wet enough to get the sheen, since without primer, I tend to get pooling and fish eyes from plastic. I think I'd try to get the sheen from my clearcoat instead of the paint surface, just to keep the detail.

One thing I have tried with some success when I want a thin coat is to shoot a bunch of paint from the rattle can into my airbrush bottle, and then apply it lightly with the air brush. I have much more control over the paint flow that way.

But then, I've not started my Interceptor E, and I'm kinda waiting for your results. Isn't being a guinea pig great!

Sounds like a good plan, however, I don't have an airbrush, so I'm going to give it a shot with the Rustoleum Automotive Enamel. Going to give it as light of a coat as I possibly can... wish me luck!

I just might build the Interceptor E in 2012... maybe we should start a thread...