View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Bruce, Thanks for the additional details and the sim files - I'll be looking to try them out and get my head around them over the weekend.

I was not aware of the original OT config - my understanding was based on a Semroc repro edition (KV-66) that I built last year. Just wondering if either of the wing orientations provide better stability.

As for the motor tube config, the file I sent you was a 29mm config with the mass object representing the engine retainer. I have a variant of the file where the 29mm tube is unchecked as a motor mount then I added another component, an Estes 29mm to 24mm Engine adapter.

One additional question in my current mix - the shuttle is typically build with elevons fixed upward at an (approx 30 degree angle). The default RockSim depictions have them incorporated into the wing with no elevation. Is there a way to define elevons angled to the shuttle wing. I could not come up with a novice way to configure elevons in RockSim (see pic of the Semroc 1x version for reference).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  OT Shuttle.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  96.5 KB