View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Cardstock Designer

Default Inner Support/Parachute Gas Tube

Working on the Inner Support Tube. This is the tube you can use a B-50 tube for, just make sure to mark for the bulkhead locations. It is in two pieces that need glued together before rolling. You can see the black lines where the bulkheads go, the circle and writing will be covered up, they are notes to myself when designing to verify correct size.

Notes:
1) Note there are Three knives in this photo. Old blue Fiskars is comfortable, best hobby knife I've ever used. My son borrowed it for his leather working hobby. After not being able to find it, asked him about it. He confessed, but needed it for a project.

I went shopping for a new one. All I could find in the local big box store was the orange and white one with the funky fold and bend tail, that holds the blade in the front. I stabbed myself three times trying to change the blade. Piece of crap, it doesn't hold my preferred brand of blades, which are not X-acto brand but still size 11 with a different point.

Then I found some orange Fiskars on eBay, I bought three, one for my son and two back-ups for me. They are being replaced by the dangerous one mentioned. My son returned my old favorite blue, which has been in use for several years, seems like an old buddy from all the projects we've completed. Glad he returned it in time for this one.

The Fiskars rotary cutter is great for the long cuts needed for rockets, best cutter to use, plus the knife blades stay sharper longer not having to cut the length. Notice that I have a plastic quilting ruler, it is 1/8" thick helps with guiding knives and the rotary cutter, keeping them vertical.

On the bottom side used 3M 77 spray glue to mount a non-slip kitchen drawer mat. Helps to hold when doing the long cuts, ruler stays put with a little pressure. You can see the tan pattern of the mat through the clear plastic.

Glue applicator of choice is the Monoject 412 I bought on eBay. Easy to apply the exact amount of glue needed in long runs for the fuselage construction. Dentists use this to irrigate debris when cleaning teeth.

Two photos now: Before gluing/After glued
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  PICT0812.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  336.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  PICT0813.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  278.8 KB