View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:12 PM
Cardstock Designer

Default Design 4

Time to change the shape of the cones for the fuselage shell.

Once again copy & paste. Drew some center Lines between the major stationing for each cone section.

From past experience I know that dividing this center line into three sections work best. In ACAD you type the word "divide" on the command line. It asks you to identify the line to divide. Select the line with the cursor. Now ACAD asks how many times. Type in 3 and hit enter.

A point is created that equally divides the line into 3 sections. The line it self isn't cut or changed, just these point show up that you can use object snap commands to use.

Time to Copy the big end cyan blue line for the next step. Selecting it in the middle using the object snap command "middle" for the base point. Now it is easy to paste the line at each one of the points created. Using the big end line allows me to judge how big to make a circle.

The circle is created using center point command, utilizing the same point location as the prior paste operation for the cyan lines.

Once I'm happy with the circle diameter, noting fancy; the circle is drawn using my eyes to determine size. Time to once again join the dots. In this case the green lines in the photo below. Sure looks better than the triangles shaped shell. Subdued the magenta lines to show the green lines new shape.

Interesting thing about the X-4. The engines were designed and built by BMW.

BMW 109-548 Engine, the fuel was a mixture: shortened to a code name of "Tonka 250". The rocket motor was designed beginning in 1943.

Over 100 test flights showed the system could work.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen S4.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  104.0 KB