View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I wrote the Ace instructions. If you send over a keg of good beer, three really organized hot chicks for a month or two we could rummage through a bunch of "treasures" and digitize it all for future consumption.

Perspective matters. Ace was already becoming somewhat popular in what would later be called HPR in 1978. TRA didn't really get going till 85-86, and NAR of course banned anything resembling HPR. The latest post by Trip Barber extolls the virtues of HPR and warns against being biased against one form of sport rocketry over another. My how times have changed. Everything that guy touches turns to gold.

Jerry

Will see what I can do about the chicks.

agree re: perspective... and what is considered HPR, I was in on the near ground floor, idolizing the west coast crazies, and flying 4-5-10 D12 clusters circa 1979-80, along with the occasional Pro-Jet or SSRS motor ( cash was short then ) . Way before Tripoli got rolling ( my first LDRS was 4, however ) . Do recal the 'who flew the G ' ( and some flew at our local NAR meets too, just we were small section . I also started making motors in about 85 or 86 with tech help from undisclosed source . taboo even in Tripoli for many years.

Thanks again for any help / scans / info - I'd love to save this while info exists, not wait til it's even more obscure / lost to try and dig it up for 'hpr-yorp' .

~ AL