View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine

Larry Broadbent made accurate drawings for his CRm ads. They are accurate. {SNIP}

Just hysterical Jerry - er historical

IBCo had the first I69 in history . . . . 38mm

Jerry,

I bought a bunch of CD parts from Larry Broadbent back in the day. The foam nose cones were pretty cool and I think Larry was actually pouring those himself. The last pour it looked like he just poured the foam into a tube coupler to finish the shoulder off. He did have a good stock of CD parts though and I built a few clones with tubes and parts I purchased directly from him and had good email conversations with him.

The 2250 clone he sold me parts for was actually a reduced size and was much the same as the NCR kit for 3x24mm motors. He did include nice reproductions of the EnerJet 2250 and 2650 scale drawings from Gary R. and a scan of the 2250 instructions. Only other drawings I had were stamped with AAA on them from Al Andrake so it was nice to have a clean copy. I was excited to have that because very little information was available to me at the time when I built those first EnerJet clones .....

Wish I had access to all the cool motors you guys were flying out on the west coast in the 80's. All I could get my hands on were the SSRS/Crown E and F motors direct from Mark Mahyle and FSI was plentiful at the LHS.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates