View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Surfrajettes Fan

Comrades:

I built one years ago using the drawings High-Viz Dave posted above which I found on the Internet way back. It's BT-50, so same scale as an Estes Aerobee 300 (about 1/15.4). The Sparrow conduit is kite string under glue. This rocket is my high-time article with just under 50 launches, mostly in support of my nephew's science fair projects with the Sparrow nose replaced with a payload bay and an altimeter. It's on it's second elastic and third mylar parachute. It's survived a core-sample (no easy feat in the desert) , multiple asphalt recoveries and some fairly rough handling from the little dude.

It's going to get the paint freshened when I get out the airbrush. That cool color on the fins is Testors Model Masters Jet Exhaust which is a dead match for the color of the 300A fin can on display in the New Mexico Space Museum in Alamogordo.

I have a 1/10 Semroc kit around here somewhere that I was going to convert to the four-fin A
model and try and "accuratize" the Sparrow section. But that's deep long term . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  300A2021.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  477.9 KB  

Awaiting First Launch: Too numerous to count
Finishing: Zooch Saturn V; Alway/Nau BioArcas; Estes Expedition; TLP Standard
Repair/Rescue: Cherokee-D (2); Centuri Nike-Smoke; MX-774
On the Bench: 2650;
Dream Stage: 1/39.37 R-7