Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > 3D Printing Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 AM
Master Modeler

Default DIY 3D printing online

Hello All,

Having started a Shapeways (see: www.shapeways.com ) account and purchased a few 3D printed model rocket parts from one of their members, I now receive e-mails from Shapeways. (For anyone who may be unfamiliar with them, Shapeways does 3D printing of parts and objects in plastics, metals, precious metals, and even porcelain. Members--who can have store pages on their site, if they wish--design the items, creating print files of them, which Shapeways uses to 3D print the items on their printing equipment. For members who have store pages, Shapeways handles the order-taking, payments, packing, and shipping for the 3D printed items.) Also:

In an e-mail message that I received from Shapeways yesterday (I have copied-and-pasted it below), they mentioned that they now offer downloadable and web-based design programs, which folks can use to design their own 3D-printable items (rather like the online nose cone designer that Semroc offered for having them make custom-turned nose cones to order, before Carl passed away). Below is Shapeways' e-mail message (it "formatted oddly" here, and--on my computer--also contains photographs of various 3D printed items):
With these free tools, anyone can be a 3D designer.
Shapeways
Shop Make Community

Everyone is a 3D Designer
Anyone can create beautiful 3D designs. Yes, we really mean anyone. Whether a design novice or an engineering expert, there are numerous free tools available that fit your skill level. We've outlined a few of our favorites below, starting with our most popular easy-to-use apps and moving up the skill scale from there. Pick the one that's right for you and dive in!

And remember, we're here to help. You can reach out to our community managers or community support team at any point. Or tap into the collective community's expertise by posting your query on one of our forums.

Pendant and Keychain Creators
All you need is a 2D drawing, monogram or logo, and our easy creator apps can turn it into a 3D printed pendant or keychain. These make a great personalized gift for a friend or loved one.

Keychain Keychain Keychain

Make a Pendant
Make a Keychain

Gravity Sketch
A Shapeways partner, this iPad-powered app brings 3D design to the everyday user. Its clean, simple and intuitive interface makes it easy to get your start in 3D modeling, or to take your skills to a new level.

Gravity Sketch Gravity Sketch Gravity Sketch
I hope this information will be helpful.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR