Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2020, 11:43 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I had to listen to the first couple of presenters on my phone in the car as I was coming home from putting up a few virtual NARAM contest flights....

I'm going to try for a few this weekend.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 07-29-2020, 06:00 AM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – July 29, 2020

It’s Selfie Time, Woulda Been NARAM Week, Town Hall Tonight, Club Points, Scale Data Turn-in

Show off that rocket of yours, take a selfie of you and your Virtual-NARAM rocket (before or after you fly). You can post them on the NAR Facebook page or the Virtual NARAM Facebook Photo Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...50785887&type=3) or send them to Don at fulldec2001@yahoo.com. It is only fitting in this brave new virtual world. And we need photos for Sport Rocketry magazine.

We are 20 days into the Virtual NARAM launch window. With 25 days left before the launch window closes, we are nearing the halfway point. We have 106 entries (up from 44 last week) across the events. Note that about half the cash prize places have not yet been filled with entries. Free money, folks! Don’t leave it on the table.

You can still join in, registration is free, and you can register anytime through the end of launch window on August 23. All you have to do is send an email to Don Carson (fulldec2001@yahoo.com) and/or Chris Flanigan (ccflanigan@alum.mit.edu) and include your NAR number.

This week would have been NARAM Week! We hope you are enjoying some of the Virtual NARAM Week activities going on, like:

• Last Saturday the Board of Trustees meeting was available as a webinar!
• Monday evening featured a great Manufacturers Forum webinar.

Still to come:

• Don’t forget TONIGHT (Wednesday, 7/29) is the NAR Town Hall Meeting, held as a Zoom videoconference. You gotta be a NAR member to register, with registration details at https://www.nar.org/upcoming-webinars/. There will be many “door prizes” announced at the Town Hall, donated by our great manufacturer community.
• Although Scale Data turn-in was last Sunday, we will accept data turn-in until August 9. See the Contest Rules for specifics.

Since we’ve added a Section Participation category, your participation can help your club increase its point total. You can find the rack up of Section points on the Contest Results page (https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/results/)
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-29-2020, 02:39 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Looking forward to that upscaled Orbital Transport.
Will make the orbiter of mine R/C.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-05-2020, 01:50 PM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – August 5, 2020

Over the Hump, Pics, Pics, we need Pics, Scale Data Turn-in Deadline

We are over past the halfway point in the launch window, with 18 days of flying left! We have 150 entries (up from 106 last week) across the events comprised of 227 flights. Note that about half the cash prize places have not yet been filled with entries. Free money, folks! Don’t leave it on the table.

You can still join in, registration is free, and you can register anytime through the end of launch window on August 23. All you have to do is send an email to Don Carson (fulldec2001@yahoo.com) and/or Chris Flanigan (ccflanigan@alum.mit.edu) and include your NAR number.

Pics! Show off that rocket of yours, take a selfie of you and your Virtual-NARAM rocket (before or even after you fly). You can post them on the NAR Facebook page or the Virtual NARAM Facebook Photo Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...50785887&type=3) or send them to Don at fulldec2001@yahoo.com. It is only fitting in this brave new virtual world. We need these photos for Sport Rocketry magazine or else the article will be just words – BORING! We want to see people in addition to rockets.

Reminder:, Scale Data turn-in final deadline is this Sunday, 8/9. If you’re thinking of entering Sport Scale, you must turn-in your data for static judging by 8/9.

Have you had a flight that did not go so well? You may have a Best Midwest Qualified Flight entry! Send the story to Chad Ring, details here: https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/bmqf/
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 08-12-2020, 08:24 AM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – August 12, 2020

In the Stretch Run Now, Scale Viewing Event

Only 12 days of flying left in the Virtual NARAM launch window! We have 218 event entries (up from 150 last week) comprised of 300 flights. Note that about a third of the cash prize places have not yet been filled with entries. Free money, folks! Don’t leave it on the table.

There is still time to participate, registration is free, and you can register anytime through the end of launch window on August 23. All you have to do is send an email to Don Carson (fulldec2001@yahoo.com) and/or Chris Flanigan (ccflanigan@alum.mit.edu) and include your NAR number.

A popular event at NARAM is the Scale model viewing. Next week we are going to have a Scale Viewing/social event via Zoom for those registered to participate in the Virtual NARAM. Scheduled for Wednesday, 8/19 at 8:30 pm EST, we hope to have current Scale competitors on hand to show off their models. Stop in, check out the current crop of scale models, and chat a bit. Watch for a ZOOM invite.

Pics! We are still beating the bushes for pics to go in the Sport Rocketry article. You can send them to Don at fulldec2001@yahoo.com or post them on the NAR Facebook page or the Virtual NARAM Facebook Photo Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...0785887&type=3). We want to see you beautiful people in addition to rockets.

Have you had a flight that did not go so well? You may have a Best Midwest Qualified Flight entry! Send the story to Chad Ring, details here: https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/bmqf/
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 08-12-2020, 10:44 AM
Sometimes collector

I’m looking forward to the sport scale event.
I made a qualified sport scale flight yeasterday - good enough for last place

I made two boost glide flights this morning with a Deltie, 39 and 40 second flights to get on the board.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:00 AM
NASA Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
I’m looking forward to the sport scale event.
I made a qualified sport scale flight yeasterday - good enough for last place

I made two boost glide flights this morning with a Deltie, 39 and 40 second flights to get on the board.

Good on ya! I did not get a Sport Scale model entered. Plenty of time to get some more flights in before the window closes.
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 08-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Where'd it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulldec
In the Stretch Run Now, Scale Viewing Event

A popular event at NARAM is the Scale model viewing. Next week we are going to have a Scale Viewing/social event via Zoom for those registered to participate in the Virtual NARAM. Scheduled for Wednesday, 8/19 at 8:30 pm EST, we hope to have current Scale competitors on hand to show off their models. Stop in, check out the current crop of scale models, and chat a bit. Watch for a ZOOM invite.

Don,
I didn't register for the virtual NARAM but I did for the Manufacturer's and Town Hall forums.

Just to clarify, will I need to register for the virtual NARAM (no place to fly at this time)?

Many thanks,
Bob

NAR# 54643 L-1

SAM# 043

AMA# 157091

VRCS# 154

A&P# 42x xx xxxx.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:26 PM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – August 19, 2020

Final Push, Scale Viewing Event Tonight, Results Submittal Deadline

Only a few days left in the Virtual NARAM launch window! Note the following deadlines:

• August 23 (Sunday) – Flight window ends at 24:00 PDT
• August 24 (Monday) – Data for all flights (including Sport Scale) must be submitted by 24:00 PDT – This is a hard deadline, no exceptions!
• August 25 (Tuesday) – All results posted for your review. Corrections must be submitted to Chris by 24:00 PDT. You can review your current results now and let us know of any errors.
• August 26 (Wednesday) – Awards announced – Awards Banquet (via Zoom) 8:30 EDT

Flight results keep coming in. We now have 256 event entries (up from 218 last week) comprised of 368 flights. Note there are 35 of the cash prize places have not yet been filled with entries (though it is now too late for the 5 places in Sport Scale). Free money, folks! Don’t leave it on the table.

There is still time to participate, registration is free, and you can register anytime through the end of launch window on August 23. All you have to do is send an email to Don Carson (fulldec2001@yahoo.com) and/or Chris Flanigan (ccflanigan@alum.mit.edu) and include your NAR number.

The Scale Viewing/social event (via Zoom) for those registered to participate in the Virtual NARAM is scheduled for tonight, Wednesday, 8/19 at 8:30 pm EST. We hope to have current Scale competitors on hand to show off their models. Stop in, check out the current crop of scale models, and chat a bit. Watch for a ZOOM invite.

Pics! We are still beating the bushes for pics to go in the Sport Rocketry article. You can send them to Don at fulldec2001@yahoo.com or post them on the NAR Facebook page or the Virtual NARAM Facebook Photo Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...0785887&type=3). We want to see you beautiful people in addition to rockets.

Don’t be embarrassed, have you had a flight that did not go so well? You may have a Best Midwest Qualified Flight entry! Fame and glory may yet be yours. Send the story to Chad Ring, details here: https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/bmqf/
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 08-23-2020, 10:49 AM
BP Mafia

Yeah, so much for competition. My streamer duration CMR Effy managed an 8.48 second performance. I believe that's called a "Flying Stone". My NAR Mini Jet Freak, however, might be considered something of a contender for Best Midwest Qualified Flight. I made it snow in August!

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper