Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2021, 10:48 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation RockSim 10 won't print

RockSim v 10.3.1f4 on Windows 10 won't print fin patterns, etc., to paper or PDF.

I get the message "printing to C:/Program Files (x86)/RockSim 10/pdf_prints”. That folder doesn't exist on my hard drive.

This happens when I try to print to my actual printer, not when trying to save as a PDF.

(I sent an email to Apogee Components, but I don't count on them being in the office for Columbus Day. Still, I could be surprised.)

Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 10-11-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
RockSim v 10.3.1f4 on Windows 10 won't print fin patterns, etc., to paper or PDF.

I get the message "printing to C:/Program Files (x86)/RockSim 10/pdf_prints”. That folder doesn't exist on my hard drive.

This happens when I try to print to my actual printer, not when trying to save as a PDF.

(I sent an email to Apogee Components, but I don't count on them being in the office for Columbus Day. Still, I could be surprised.)

I am no expert, but I would try creating a folder with the required name, in the required location, to give it a valid target destination . . .

Dave F.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
I am no expert, but I would try creating a folder with the required name, in the required location, to give it a valid target destination . . .
Dave F.,

(sophisticated voice) "You, sir, are thinking *ever* so much more clearly than *I* am..."

In the meantime, I have an email into Technical Support. (heavy sigh)
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

03 Sept 2014
Old 10-12-2021, 10:51 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:

Long story short: Apparently my problem was that I had installed Windows 10 over Windows 7 instead of formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh Win10 install.

Apogee's tech support indicated that RockSim 10 wasn't designed or tested with Windows 7 in mind.

Solution? Backing up everything important on that drive and getting ready to reformat it and do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Be back when I can. (Spock eyebrow)

Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

03 Sept 2014
Old 10-13-2021, 05:30 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

There is no reason you should have to reinstall the OS to use a program. Have you tried compatibility mode?
Old 10-13-2021, 06:29 AM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Apogee's tech support indicated that RockSim 10 wasn't designed or tested with Windows 7 in mind.

So much for "write once, run everywhere..."

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 10-13-2021, 08:50 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
So much for "write once, run everywhere..."
Bill,

A generic business attitude: "We're a *forward* looking company. NOBODY looks backward."

Says you. (Spock eyebrow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S
There is no reason you should have to reinstall the OS to use a program. Have you tried compatibility mode?
Bill S,

You wouldn't think so, no. Tech support pointed out that my directory structure was completely unlike what they'd seen before. (Young punk kids, mebbe.)

This move was out of sheer desperation. I've been fighting this uphill technological battle with several other programs until I finally said, "I'm done."

We'll find out for sure once the computer comes back from the shop.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

03 Sept 2014
Old 10-13-2021, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
A generic business attitude: "We're a *forward* looking company. NOBODY looks backward."

A company or a person that "never looks backward" tend to forget their past mistakes and doom themsleves to repeat them !

Dave F.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:36 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Long story short: Apparently my problem was that I had installed Windows 10 over Windows 7 instead of formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh Win10 install.

Solution? Backing up everything important on that drive and getting ready to reformat it and do a fresh install of Windows 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S
There is no reason you should have to reinstall the OS to use a program.
Quote:
This move was out of sheer desperation. I've been fighting this uphill technological battle with several other programs until I finally said, "I'm done."

We'll find out for sure once the computer comes back from the shop.
I'm happy to report after I botched a Windows “reset” leaving me with nothing but a black screen (no signal from the computer to the monitor), my friendly computer tech Made All Things Well.

And now all of the programs that wouldn't run before are running just fine, thank you very much.

In other works, RockSim 10 now prints properly, the Bandlab Assistant actually works, so I was FINALLY able to download Cakewalk (multitrack audio recording software, formerly SONAR) by Bandlab...

The only drawback is having to reload a bunch of programs, but maybe I'll be pickier this time.

Mebbe.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

03 Sept 2014
Old 10-15-2021, 12:42 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
A company or a person that "never looks backward" tend to forget their past mistakes and doom themsleves to repeat them !
Dave,

Yes, but they won't admit that they're causing all of their own problems.

I worked for a sociopath, I mean a guy, who managed the company by saying, "Forget about yesterday! Today we're doing things completely different!"

I'd ask my coworkers, "WHY are we doing this?"

They'd reply, "It's not broken, so we're fixing it."

Again, (Spock eyebrow)

Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

03 Sept 2014