Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2023, 07:35 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Default George Gassaway's cancer, GoFundMe, and updates

I found out in early March I have inoperable Pancreatic cancer. So, been sitting on this news for awhile.

I was originally told maybe a year, but things have not gone well in chemo so I'm not expecting that long (HOPE, sure).

Ed LaCroix has created a GoFundMe, at this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer.
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer
Old 05-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Apollo Nut

So sorry to hear this George; words just do not suffice. I believe in prayer AND miracles and will be praying for devine intervention for you and your circumstances.

Prayers for strength, peace, and wisdom daily.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 05-10-2023, 10:16 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

I should have added up front… I’m trying to take this positively.

So, I thought my life was going to go one way, but it’s going another way, for less time.

I will try to make the best out of the time that I have left.

I have no close blood relatives.

But over 53 years in this hobby, I have a BIG family.

Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer
Old 05-11-2023, 03:18 AM
Craftsman

Hi George,

Thank you for having the courage to share about your diagnosis. I am very sorry to hear this.

Like Earl, I, too, believe in prayer and in miracles and, more importantly, I believe in the Almighty One, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who has the ultimate power to hear our prayers and to heal. Nothing is impossible for Him. Also, I am praying for you, that the Lord will be your Healer and your Deliverer, your Strength and your Shield, your Peace and your Comforter, your Lord and your Savior, that He will see you through all that you have before you. Please let me encourage you to have faith in Him, to call out to Him, and to hold on to Him. He promises to be with you and to help you though everything ahead as you trust in Him. He will not disappoint or let you down.

Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power and love. It includes believing His teachings and seeking to obey Him. It means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does. Because He has experienced all our pains, afflictions, and infirmities, He knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties. Nothing takes Him by surprise. He never says, "uh oh". Everything over our head is under His feet and is under His authority. We can trust Him completely. Just like with Mary and Martha, when Jesus came to raise their brother and His friend Lazarus from the dead, Jesus asks us to believe in Him and in the power of God. In John 11:25-26, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” And in John 11:40, Jesus said, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?”

You mentioned the word, Hope. Jesus is the God of all Hope. His Holy Spirit heals; He refines; He comforts; He breathes new life into hopeless hearts. He has the power to transform all that is ugly and vicious and worthless in life to something of supreme and glorious splendor. He has the power to convert the ashes of mortality to the beauties of eternity.

I know that through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we can all be mended, made whole, and fulfill our purpose. The Lord has you and me, and each of us here for a purpose, to glorify Him. I shared about this purpose previously in an earlier post, https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=19390. I hope and pray that it is a help to you and to others.

When trials come upon us, it’s time to deepen our faith in God, to work hard, and to serve others. Then He will heal our broken hearts. He will bestow upon us joy, personal peace and comfort. Those great gifts will not be destroyed, even by death.

Matthew 11:28-30 records the words of Jesus to us, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Jesus is our Good Shepherd who loves us, and He loves you!

You are a good friend and a well respected influence on many. Thank you for your friendship. I am glad to have had the privilege of meeting you in person several times and to share good conversation with you over dinner at NARAM 60 in Pueblo, Colorado. I first met you at NARCON in Huntsville, Alabama, many years ago. I have learned much from you and I have great admiration for you and for your work. I am looking forward to when we will meet face to face again.

The Lord is not finished with you. He is still working in and through you for His glory and for your good. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His care always. May His face shine upon you and give you peace.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR

Last edited by Faithwalker : 05-16-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:56 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

Sorry to hear this.

I was told I wouldn't make it past 56 but fortunately, I'll be turning 62 soon.

Every day above ground is a treasure!
___
Old 05-11-2023, 07:03 AM
Craftsman

Please take Jeff's words to heart. In my many years working in healthcare I have seen the power of prayer work miracles in peoples lives. Know that many of us will be praying for you today and in the coming days ahead. Take comfort in knowing that you will not walk this pathway alone.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:05 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

George-
So sorry to hear you have this condition.
Although you have been given an inoperable diagnosis, don't lose hope.
Miracles DO happen !
GH

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-11-2023, 08:57 AM
Opinions mine; not of NAR or MOF!

Dear George,

There is no way to adequately convey how sad this news makes me feel. In my eyes you have always been an innovative, and seemingly everpresent force in this hobby. Your many innovations and research will live on well after most, if not all, of us are gone.

However I think the most lasting and important aspect of your work has been your wonderful mentorship, friendship, and just simple assistance to so many rocketeers of any age over many decades. You have been there for us!

You have an carved out an incredible legacy of which you can be very proud as you consistently found a way to "Pay Forward" as the NAR, and its founder G. Harry Stine wished us all to do.

You have done well my friend, very very well.

With all my best wishes,
Pat Fitzpatrick
Old 05-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Master Modeler

George:

I am terribly sad to hear this news.

As others have said, you are leaving a great legacy. I've been seeing your name in newsletter articles and such for as long as I can remember.

Keep on fighting.

Stefan
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 05-11-2023, 10:20 AM
Master Modeler

George,

I am completely at a loss for words. I think we all feel like there is something we can or should say at times like this but there really isn't except to say you have my condolences on your struggle.

We met many years ago at a launch in Huntsville. It was eye-opening for me to see all that I had not discovered in my rocketry experience. I have worked harder to get better and look deeper into what I can do and accomplish. This hobby has brought me so much joy. You have been an inspiration to anyone who has ever delved into this hobby. Thank you for all of that.

Take care of yourself. May God be with you.

Kind regards,

Romie Lucas
Savannah, GA