Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Master Modeler

Default Inside The Hostess Factory | Popular Mechanics

Very impressive automation, but if I'm like a mouse, I'm producing fat just looking this.

Inside The Hostess Factory | Popular Mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC601rjqdjY

Can Looking at Foods Make You Fat?

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015...s-make-you-fat/

Japanese researchers conducted an experiment on mice to see if this theory is true. The researchers studied orexin-A, a protein known to be activated by physical activity, thoughts, and mood in the brain. By injecting this in to the mice, their glucose increased and caused an insulin-induced glucose to also increase. This sent a message to the skeletal muscles which, caused their bodies to fuel up on energy. These affects were shown more in the mice which did not have many beta-adrenergic receptors, receptors responsible for a fight or flight response in cells. The orexin also caused VMH neurons to increase muscle glucose metabolism, which goes to show orexin is a key part in activating muscle nerves.

From all of this it’s concluded that the excitement for a treat triggers a response in muscles to gather glucose to prepare for the meal. If the muscle is not used, then the glucose is stored as fat.
The other day I sat next to a woman who has a profound fear of flying. I wanted to comfort her, so I said, "Don't worry, we're not gonna' crash. Statistically, we got a better chance of being bitten by a shark." Then I showed her the scar on my elbow from a shark attack. I said, "I got this when my plane went down off of Florida." - Dennis Regan