Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Master Modeler

Default Airborne Surveillance Missile

In the Yankee thread the decals for the Estes Airborne Surveillance Missile were mentioned. Here is a redraw of that decal sheet.

They're white again, so these are in black for an Alps printer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ASM decal.pdf (107.9 KB, 169 views)
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

I had them ready to print this afternoon but I had orders to fill.

Whenever somebody wants a decal I try to accomodate but if I'm a few hours late getting it finished someone else has it and sends it out.

So should I just let you guys do this and I'll stop?

No wonder Phred didn't want the business.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Master Modeler

What are you talking about? The fact that I posted the PDF file?

What I post is generally for my own benefit first, and then I just make it available for those who wish to print their own. It is my opinion that people who print their own decals are a relative minority, especially when it involves a white decal like this one.

What you do is entirely different. Most folks either don't care to print their own decals or don't have the means to do so. You fill that need. And, like I've told you several times before you're free to snag any and all artwork I post to use as your own. If I ever intended my artwork to be restricted in its use I'd never have started posting it to public bulletin boards 12 years ago.

I don't post decals I post artwork. I have no intention of selling decals either. It's too much work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I had them ready to print this afternoon but I had orders to fill.

Whenever somebody wants a decal I try to accomodate but if I'm a few hours late getting it finished someone else has it and sends it out.

So should I just let you guys do this and I'll stop?

No wonder Phred didn't want the business.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
What are you talking about? The fact that I posted the PDF file?

What I post is generally for my own benefit first, and then I just make it available for those who wish to print their own. It is my opinion that people who print their own decals are a relative minority, especially when it involves a white decal like this one.

What you do is entirely different. Most folks either don't care to print their own decals or don't have the means to do so. You fill that need. And, like I've told you several times before you're free to snag any and all artwork I post to use as your own. If I ever intended my artwork to be restricted in its use I'd never have started posting it to public bulletin boards 12 years ago.

I don't post decals I post artwork. I have no intention of selling decals either. It's too much work.

Just having a really bad day, sorry.

Keep it up, Kurt, I appreciate your efforts.

I just added it to my site.

Last edited by sandman : 12-03-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Master Modeler

Actually no, I'm sorry. My reply came off pretty mean and I apologize.

Lately I've been doing a bit more drawing because since Monday I'm unemployed. After 13 years our little airline was bought out and the new airline eliminated about 200 jobs company wide, including everybody in maintenance & engineering where I worked. Plus all the pilots and flight attendants. I do get four months severance which is a good thing but that won't last forever obviously.

I just like drawing, and like a boss of mine once said, it's therapy. But I also know you have a business to run.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
BAR

Holy cow Kurt, thats a bummer. So much for the best care in the air.

Sandman, don't stop the Excelsior business, we need you! The decals are far superior to what I can do on my ink jet. The only decals I do myself are really simple things.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Retromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Holy cow Kurt, thats a bummer. So much for the best care in the air.

Sandman, don't stop the Excelsior business, we need you! The decals are far superior to what I can do on my ink jet. The only decals I do myself are really simple things.

I second that emotion on both counts...
P.O. Box 250760
North Little Rock AR, 72225

L1 on Pem-Tech Space Ark
at NSL2007

pem_tech (at) Yahoo (dot) com
TRF (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM

Kurt, actually I own my own business (other than the decal business) and for the last year I have to work every day and I haven't recieved a paycheck.

I'd rather be unemployed. At least I could get paid something!

So the decals are the only things generating any income.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Sorry to hear about both Kurt and Gordys situation - I know this one, my own business has been faltering all year, almost had to close the doors mid summer, but I'm scraping along at half pay

Not much for rockets / play money, but will send what I can ( after all, I am the one asked for these decals

~ AL

ps: Gordy, still another one I need two sets of is the mini shuttle, I think Phred was working on those, as it's somewhat goony-ish. but not sure... just checked and not on your site.
order soon .
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Rocketry is Fun.... Darn It !

Gordon I've been going to friends within my club for years and years to help with scale models and clone models. I ordered quite a few from Excelsior pre Michigan. As was mentioned before, no one is out to take your customers otherwise they would be advertising what they would sell etc. Decals do take a lot of work to get just right. My .02 is to remind you to provide good service, a quality product and above all else stay away from any negativity.

What about the other half of your operation ? I've wanted one of your big LJ-2 kits for a while now and have asked you about it a few times. I'm sure not ordering from another vendor that will go nameless yet easily identified by ..... wait for it ...... ah you guessed it ! Negativity ! !

Last edited by zog139 : 12-03-2009 at 08:55 PM.