Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Apollo Nut

Default Scrambler on eBay: Estes hangtag, Damon Instructions

One seller has listed a great quantity of kits this afternoon, but two are kinda interesting. Both of them -- an Estes Srambler and an Arcas -- feature pre-Damon Estes hang tags BUT have instruction sheets that feature the Damon version of the Estes logo.

I guess these two kits must have been issued during the traditional period after the merger, probably sometime around September, 1969 or thereabouts.

Not an Estes collector personally, but found it to be an interesting packaging variation.

Link to the Scrambler here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estes-Astro...5#ht_2999wt_117

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
One seller has listed a great quantity of kits this afternoon, but two are kinda interesting. Both of them -- an Estes Srambler and an Arcas -- feature pre-Damon Estes hang tags BUT have instruction sheets that feature the Damon version of the Estes logo.

I guess these two kits must have been issued during the traditional period after the merger, probably sometime around September, 1969 or thereabouts.

Not an Estes collector personally, but found it to be an interesting packaging variation.

Link to the Scrambler here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estes-Astro...5#ht_2999wt_117

Earl

Yes, I noticed the kits this evening and the packaging variations. Having these appear on eBay is timely as will be great addition to the kit chronology project.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

For those of you who did not read Earl's point until today, then transitional Scrambler kit was ended early by seller. Appears someone really wanted the kit badly and made a "fair" offer to seller.

Luckily I save the listing and lifted the eBay images. You can still see the kit on K-37 Pictorial Guide page once the eBay listing disappears. I will also add a dedicate description page in the Estes kit database for this one.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Craftsman

Just a note that the auction has been relisted here.

-Eric-
Old 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryfortin
For those of you who did not read Earl's point until today, then transitional Scrambler kit was ended early by seller. Appears someone really wanted the kit badly and made a "fair" offer to seller.

Luckily I save the listing and lifted the eBay images. You can still see the kit on K-37 Pictorial Guide page once the eBay listing disappears. I will also add a dedicate description page in the Estes kit database for this one.

Just curious and its NONE of my business, but did you ever get that bagged Mars Lander from Danny, and if so, was it, 'mint/mint' and what was the price?

I ask because I paid over ... better not say as I will get the, 'You Fool', responses; I get those anyways You can PM me the details, but again, its your PRIVATE business and I respect people's PRIVATE business unlike others who will go unnamed.

Here is the price spread from the old Adamson site:

QTY Low Mean High
Mars Lander, K-43/#1243 15 [190]... 223 ...[257]

A K-Kit Pre-Damon Mylar bag runs in the $100 - $150 range just by itself ... Hey empty boxes of some plastic kits go in to the hundreds of dollars!

Right after Carl @Semroc re-released the Mars Lander, the Estes Boxed kit started to sell for well under $100! The price has been gradually picking up, but even a, 'Mint/Mint' (Danny Almond's favorite way of describing things he is trying to sell to you), boxed Mars Lander won't fetch anything above $150.00.

So what else does Carl have planned? A Maxi-Brute Pershing? Centuri Aero-bat or Acro-Bat? He re-releases the highest valued kits, buys the originals when their prices fall to more reasonable amounts, then discontinues his clones when he has enough of the originals, then just waits to rake in the dough with the originals go back up in price! Its a diabolic scheme I tell you!

Jonathan