Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default endless mini-cam issues

Has anybody even gotten a Mini U8 or SQ-11 camera to work and live to brag about it? I have boughten four U8s and a SQ-11 this year and not a single one works! It's like a Pauli Effect or some cosmic prank on me. One U8 and SQ-11 won't charge up to stay on more than a few seconds. One U8 won't charge up to even turn on. The previous two U8s just permanently blink blue and magenta and never charge. The newest two U8s just blink blue once when I plug them in and never charge up enough to turn on. Are there any reliable mini-cams suitable for 18mm motor launches? I'm about ready to throw my hands up and give up on vid-rocs this year unless I can get some workable answers.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:25 PM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholvrsn
Has anybody even gotten a Mini U8 or SQ-11 camera to work and live to brag about it? I have boughten four U8s and a SQ-11 this year and not a single one works! It's like a Pauli Effect or some cosmic prank on me. One U8 and SQ-11 won't charge up to stay on more than a few seconds. One U8 won't charge up to even turn on. The previous two U8s just permanently blink blue and magenta and never charge. The newest two U8s just blink blue once when I plug them in and never charge up enough to turn on. Are there any reliable mini-cams suitable for 18mm motor launches? I'm about ready to throw my hands up and give up on vid-rocs this year unless I can get some workable answers.

Send them back. Get your money back from whomever they were bought.
If you paid PayPal they have great buyer remedies. Credit card, same.
Good luck!

Allen
Old 05-29-2020, 03:36 AM
BAR

Used to be able to get them from BayouRat Rocketry... might check them out and see if they're still selling them (or still in business).

Barring that, Apogee Components was selling rocket 808 keychain cams IIRC... but they were a little pricier than the average Fleabay prices, though...

Later and good luck! OL J R