Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2005, 10:50 PM
BP Mafia

If I get a few minutes to myself, I might also get another BT-80 based Mach 10 flying this weekend. I haven't done a small field solo launch in a long time, and the big M10 is a great rocket to have along on small fields. Gotta watch those **** gravel parking lots though.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 06-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Master Modeler

Default Semroc Rules!

Got my order today, Carl - thanks very, very much for the Stiletto fins!

Folks, ain't no better place to get Centuri compatible parts - and the Semroc kits are absolutely superb! My orders always arrive 2 days after they are placed, with nothing missing.

Buy Semroc!
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Out To Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
Folks, ain't no better place to get Centuri compatible parts - and the Semroc kits are absolutely superb! My orders always arrive 2 days after they are placed, with nothing missing.

Buy Semroc!

Amen to that. Carl runs a very tight operation. I get 3 or 4 email updates the same day the order is placed ending with "status: shipped".
Established 1938
lladd.netau.net
Old 06-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Middle-Aged Rocketeer

On Friday I broke down and ordered the parts for a Black Widow clone, except I goofed on the nose cone. It took less then an hour to ship from the time I ordered it, and Sheryl responded that she was able to make the nose cone switch before the order shipped. You have to be quick to keep up with Semroc!
Drew Tomko
Old 06-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Master Modeler

Default Suggestions anyone?

Construction of my 1x Stiletto clone is complete - mucho thanks to Carl and Semroc! Here's a pic of the "nekkid bird", built with Semroc parts and a left-over Centuri PNC-76:

Being somewhat of a purist, I would like the rocket to have the same paint scheme as shown in this catalog. It's rather complex, and I am trying to get some idea as to the best way to produce the white areas on the fins... Masking would take lots of time and has the potential for bleeding, while paper or label overlays add weight and may not stick well to the primer/paint.

What do you folks think?
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
Construction of my 1x Stiletto clone is complete - mucho thanks to Carl and Semroc! Here's a pic of the "nekkid bird", built with Semroc parts and a left-over Centuri PNC-76:

Being somewhat of a purist, I would like the rocket to have the same paint scheme as shown in this catalog. It's rather complex, and I am trying to get some idea as to the best way to produce the white areas on the fins... Masking would take lots of time and has the potential for bleeding, while paper or label overlays add weight and may not stick well to the primer/paint.

What do you folks think?

Very sharp looking. I think you could easily duplicate the catalog scheme with plain white decal paper. Craig probably has some Bel paper that he's looking to unload. (Ducking and running.) I know Craig doesn't think much of the Bel paper these days.
I think you could easily do that scheme with well burnished, good quality masking tape. That blue tape from 3M isn't cheap (compared to regular masking tape,) but it gives a nice crisp line if you take the time to do the edges. Make the white the second color.
My $.02.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Knuckle Draggin' Engineer

Dangit! I'm gonna have to get the stuff to make the upper stage. I still have the booster for a Stilleto I built back in the '80s. I really liked the looks of that rocket.

Joe W
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Another idea is to use white trim monokote. You could cut out the pieces in no time. When you peel the backing off dip the monokote in some water with a few drops of dish washing degergent before applying. That way you can slide it around a little to get it in position. When the water dries, wah la! It's done!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Another idea is to use white trim monokote. You could cut out the pieces in no time. When you peel the backing off dip the monokote in some water with a few drops of dish washing degergent before applying. That way you can slide it around a little to get it in position. When the water dries, wah la! It's done!

Good one. I've never been able to find Monokote. Where do you get it?

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Good one. I've never been able to find Monokote. Where do you get it?

You can find Trim Monokote in hobby shops that cater to R/C flyers. It comes in long sheets in a bunch of colors. I've used the metallic silver and it works great. Trim Monokote is self adhesive as opposed to the regular stuff which has to be applied with heat.