Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2020, 01:19 AM
Craftsman

Send a message via ICQ to Swillie
Default 'Der Rotjektor' (Estes Trajector)

Last weekend I hung my Estes Majestic about 40 feet up in the top of a tree...over hanging a creek...with my Jolly Logic chute release in it. Well that left me very deflated about rocketry in general. So I had recently picked up a Trajector selling with custom skins, and decided to get back on the horse so to speak. In my recent search for the Interceptor E nose cone I learned I had missed out on this kit and was glad to find one at a fair price. The skins I was not sold on using at first but decided to take on the extra challenge. I didn't take a lot of build pics but here is a few. At this point I have one layer of clear rusto and the first layer of future polish down. The skins were meant to cover the fins fully and omit the pods. I really like the pods so I painted them silver, and left a bit of silver around the canopy and nose tip. The skins are tricky but despite a few mishaps I am overall pleased with how they came out. If I can get over my fear of rocket eating trees again, this will be fun to fly. I need that chute release back, it worked so perfectly for 5 flights. My fault, the F26-6fj was just too much power for that rocket at my local field. So I watch and wait each day or two and hope with a little luck the rocket moves within reach without falling in the creek. I can't afford another chute release and my birthday is in December
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0603.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  1.74 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0609.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  1.47 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0637.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  922.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0638.JPG