Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default List of vintage Estes kits for sale...

Hello -

I have a small group of vintage Estes rocket kits for sale. PayPal only. I ship via USPS Priority Mail. I can email you pictures if you like. Just email me at: machmc@hotmail.com with your requests. Thank you!

Nike Ajax - mint in package $100.00 shipped
LTV Scout - mint in package $100.00 shipped
Scorpius - mint in package $55.00 shipped
Phoenix - mint in **first** generation package $50.00 shipped
Mars Snooper II - mint in package $75.00 shipped
Pegasus - Mint in package $40.00 shipped
Falcon Commander - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Goblin - Mint in package $60.00 shipped
Satellite Interceptor - mint in dusty package, no header tag (I'm not sure that it came with a header tag). $30.00 shipped
U.S.S. Atlantis - mint in package. Package is dusty. $60.00 shipped
Jupiter-C - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Trident II - mint in package $40.00 shipped
Sentinel - mint in package - $40.00 shipped

I also have a few U.S.S. Andromeda kits. One mint in package, but some tubes are ovalized. Two other kits, opened, but has the non-ovalized tubes that would make the Un-opened kit perfect.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Is this Jonesy again???

I apologize if not, but this looks like a similar pattern.

Caveat Emptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401flightcranks
Hello -

I have a small group of vintage Estes rocket kits for sale. PayPal only. I ship via USPS Priority Mail. I can email you pictures if you like. Just email me at: machmc@hotmail.com with your requests. Thank you!

Nike Ajax - mint in package $100.00 shipped
LTV Scout - mint in package $100.00 shipped
Scorpius - mint in package $55.00 shipped
Phoenix - mint in **first** generation package $50.00 shipped
Mars Snooper II - mint in package $75.00 shipped
Pegasus - Mint in package $40.00 shipped
Falcon Commander - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Goblin - Mint in package $60.00 shipped
Satellite Interceptor - mint in dusty package, no header tag (I'm not sure that it came with a header tag). $30.00 shipped
U.S.S. Atlantis - mint in package. Package is dusty. $60.00 shipped
Jupiter-C - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Trident II - mint in package $40.00 shipped
Sentinel - mint in package - $40.00 shipped

I also have a few U.S.S. Andromeda kits. One mint in package, but some tubes are ovalized. Two other kits, opened, but has the non-ovalized tubes that would make the Un-opened kit perfect.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Who is Jonesy? What is the purpose of your reply?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Who is Jonesy? What is the purpose of your reply?

Jonsey is a very bad guy.

He posts in forums like this and on Ebay looking for suckers to buy old kits from him at bargain prices and just keeps the money. He never delivers.

He's burned a few people and we are all a bit suspicious of a first time poster offering kits for sale.

No offence but like I said...he's a bad dude and he seems to have made us a bit apprehensive.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Cosmic American

Just did a Googling and found this fellow has 411 Ebay feedbacks, 100% positive... both as a buyer and seller... looks pretty safe.

Jonesy is a man who rips of the model rocketry community by trying to sell vintage Estes kits, taking the money and never delivering.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Junior Rocketeer

No offense, but my name is Mark McMasters, not Jonesy. I am eBay user 401flightcranks if you want to see my history. Check my feedback for six (6)+ years...its flawless. It doesn't make sense to me when someone makes an uninformed comment when I make my **third** post on this website. Is this how you guys treat all new members? Seriously?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Cosmic American

Quote:
It doesn't make sense to me when someone makes an uninformed comment when I make my **third** post on this website. Is this how you guys treat all new members? Seriously?

You really shouldn't take offense... Jonesy is always a "new member" and always uses a different moniker. There's a website somewhere that keeps track of all of his known names. Don't you think it's a pretty serious problem when there is a known rip off artist who has posted very similarly to you many times before, and if you were a member of a forum that knew that, would you yourself not be cautious? It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is... nobody wants to be ripped off, and rocketeers across several forums know of this fellow... it's only natural to think "I wonder if this is Jonesy" when a post like yours appears.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Cosmic American

Here, I just found the page that tracks him so you can see what level of trouble the guy has caused, and maybe then you can understand:

Jonesy
Old 04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Well, unlike most people on here would probably do, I just posted my real name. I tryed to post some items for sale, and people make assumptions and ruin my post, so I do take offense. Why would you assume that all new members are this Jonesy person? Better yet, I will prove that I am eBay user 401flightcranks. PM me a random auction item number on eBay and I will bid on it. No new cars please. I know that I am new here and most everyone wouldn't know who the heck I am, but I can prove that I am who I say I am.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Cosmic American

Not all new members, just all new members who come in and more or less immediately post a list of vintage Estes kits for sale. Again, he's done it many times, and it looked about like your post above, so what's not to understand? This is the internet afterall... it's not like it's a good idea to just trust any ol body with a wad of hard earned cash. Most people with good sense buy things at that kind of dollar value from people they've either already known or can get some feedback from others who've already done business with them. At any rocket forum (and other types of forums as well), people will often ask if anyone else has used a specific online retailer before making a purchase. People have to be careful with their money, dude.