Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
but bringing in newcomers and KEEPING them in, these plugs have probably helped a fair amount.

Since the latter 70s I just started 'tamping' mine with a small wad of crepe wadding,
Video games and pervasive media have literally numbed the minds of kids to the degree they don't "do" much any more. I actually went outside to play as a kid. All day long, and that wasn't long enough for me most days.

Then there is the issue of schools. Don't even get me started.

Johnthan's family might have been "freed", but my friends kids and grandkids have been "enslaved". Net negative on scale and consequences to be sure.

We all work 70%+ of our lives for our government masters and overseers and the overseeing is becoming far more pervasive and automated every day. And now RPVs have been deployed in our cities as well. . . . . . . .

This is not fiction. It is real life.

Jerry
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Most public schools nowadays produce nothing but dumbed-down, mamby-pamby, dont-stand-up-for-yourself against the bully, left-whing leaning drones and RATS.
I blame a LOT of that on the forced spending on what is labeled as "special" which really should be labeled as "inferior never likely to contribute to society" when that money should be spent toward the MOST talented/intelligent ones that are MOST likely to have a positive impact on society as a whole, not a drain.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
Video games and pervasive media have literally numbed the minds of kids to the degree they don't "do" much any more. I actually went outside to play as a kid. All day long, and that wasn't long enough for me most days.

Jerry

I remember as a teenager we would ride our BMX bikes down to an abandon field with shovels and picks and build a course with jumps and obstacles. We would be there all day racing our bikes. Other days we would play "Over the line" all day from morning to until the sun set (Baseball Game) and if we were lucky we would spend all day at Disneyland when it was $6.50 to get in. Open til close. The days we spent active at night we would catch a movie or miniature golf. Yes kids today have no clue how to have fun...
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Anyway, the point is if people did more real things they would use a bunch more E12 motors. When I used to do air shows and football halftime show rocket launches, the one thing I noticed is people of all ages and persuasions love rockets.

Access to it will generate demand.

Jerry
Old 06-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Craftsman

Default no creativity today

I blame it on the parents and PC political correctness. The parents for not being responsible. We HAD to be creative if we wanted anything. Had to figure out how to make something out of nothing. The parents of the me/greed generation. I don't want to deal with the kids. Throw some money at them so I do not have to deal. Get a electronic baby sitter. Lets reward bad and sub standard behavior.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Craftsman

Default question

Anyone heard any more on release of Estes Pro series Nike Smoke?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine

Johnthan's family might have been "freed", but my friends kids and grandkids have been "enslaved". Net negative on scale and consequences to be sure.

We all work 70%+ of our lives for our government masters and overseers and the overseeing is becoming far more pervasive and automated every day. And now RPVs have been deployed in our cities as well. . . . . . . .

This is not fiction. It is real life.

Jerry

I LOVE that new commercial they're running on TV now about the kids that don't get as much activity as their parents did when they were kids (cut to fat preteen boy looking at several rakes on the wall in the garage, then standing in the middle of the yard with a leaf blower, with about a 6 foot diameter circle cleared around him in ankle-deep leaves covering the yard). Why, it's been shown that reduced levels of activity in kids lead to thinner bones and more health problems, problems which continue with them into adulthood... Medical studies show that when kids are young is the best time to build strong bones and healthy active lifestyles and habits that pay big dividends later in life and reduce health problems later on (as the camera does a closeup of a small dog being walked on his lease, panning back to reveal that the dog is in fact walking on a treadmill, his leash being held by the fat kid, stretched out on the couch laying there watching cartoons... ) Kids need to be encouraged to go outside and engage in physical activity for at least two hours every day, to promote higher activity levels that build stronger bones and increase health (showing the fat kid playing video games and slurping the last of a can of soda, then idly grabbing his cell phone and fumbling with it while continuing to play video games... pan back to hear the phone ringing down the hall, and the Grandmother hobbling down the hall on a walker to answer it... when she gets to the phone and picks it up, "Hello?" she says... The fat kid says "Hey Grandma, how about another grape soda over here??" To which the grandmother looks exasperatedly at the phone, turns to the camera with a pained look, and shakes her head...) So encourage your kids to get more activity...

I just laugh my butt off every time this commercial comes on TV... it is EXACTLY like my nephew... he's just finished fourth grade... he's a fat boy, 9 years old, does nothing but play on my parent's computer all day and all night, play video games, and eat... does NO physical activity whatsoever... (well, he DID play with my daughter at the playground today for about 30 minutes-- first time in a LONG time!) and his Nanny (my mother) enables him in this by caving in to his every whim... It's like this commercial is lifted STRAIGHT FROM HIS LIFE.... and he and his brother are THE biggest panty-waists I've ever seen in my life... TOTAL wimps and can't do ANYTHING (except eat and play video games). Their Mom and Dad (my sister) are schoolteachers and in their own little world when they're not at work... and the kids are just left to their own devices... they never do anything together unless it's school related... for the first time in their lives, they tried to take the kids camping over Spring Break... didn't go anyplace pretty, just to a live-oak swamp State Park about 40 miles north of here... the kids were SO freaked out that my oldest nephew peed his sleeping bag THREE TIMES and the little one, same age as my daughter (3 weeks younger than she actually) was just about as freaked... it was a complete disaster... so bad in fact that after the second night, they just dropped the older boy off at my parent's house so he could 'be indoors' and play on the computer...

My daughter whines while I make her chase cows, open gates, or help me fix cars, trucks, or farm stuff... but she feeds her own chickens and cleans up her own messes, and she READS BOOKS instead of playing on the computer and gameboy all the time... she's also in swim, softball, and gymnastics, as well as girl scouts and 4H... the boys are in NOTHING and have no interest in anything... Keira just went to a NASA day camp last week on "Astronaut training 2"... The boys are only interested in getting to go to Schlitterbahn and maybe SplashWay water parks this summer...

Kids today... Lord help us...

Later! OL JR
Old 06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
The boys are only interested in getting to go to Schlitterbahn and maybe SplashWay water parks this summer...

Heck, I think I want to go to Schlitterbahn...... .. .
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Paper Rocketeer

Woohoo - got my motor order today from Hobbylinc. Just in time for our contest this weekend - gonna try the E12s in my Maxi Alpha and in my Big Daddy! The Tube Daddy is in the shop for repairs (the tube fins have taken a few too many hints and need reinforcing) I need to put the motor retainer on my Quest High Q and try it on an E12 as well. Plus, I might just burn that G76G as well (but probably not - May be a bit too breezy Saturday to risk a high flight at the farm.

Greg
Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Master Modeler

I have six E12-6s from a recent Hobbylinc order. I expect to try one or two in my Vagabond on Saturday over in the Tri-Cities. Looking forward to it.

My Pro-Series Ventris should also fly again on Estes/Aerotech F50s and/or a two-grain G CTI reload (in a 3-grain case). I already know it goes well on either.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE