Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
BAR and son

I am looking to work on my Satrun V #2001 and can't find the plans. I tried printing the plans on JimZ but couldn't (don't know why)

Does anyone know where I might be able to download these plans?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Old Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins4xf
I am looking to work on my Satrun V #2001 and can't find the plans. I tried printing the plans on JimZ but couldn't (don't know why)

Does anyone know where I might be able to download these plans?

I have them scanned in--all 15 pages. PM your email address to me and I'll email them to you. Jeff

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Guerrilla Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Can't go wrong with the Semroc Saturn 1B.

When building the Semroc Saturn 1B, go for the SINGLE 24mm mount, NOT the 4x18mm cluster mount. Far LESS hassle to fly on a single composite E15, E30, E18, E28, or F24 than clustering 4xC6-5.

On the other hand, seeing a scale Saturn 1B flying on a cluster of 4 C6 motors is an awesome sight to behold.

Yes, clustering is a greater hassle, but it is more satisfying when you pull it off right.

It all depends on what you're wanting to accomplish.

NAR #91736 (SR)
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

It would be MUCH more impressive on a cluster of four SU 18mm D21-4T or D10-4W motors though.
Four C6-3's is slightly less power than ONE E28 reload or E30 single use motor that is much less hassle. That single reload or SU motor costs significantly less as well.
If I was to cluster the composites I would use D21's as blue thunder is a much more "instant" ignition propellant than white lightning unless using very hot igniters.
A full 80n-sec in a 1/70 S1B is a GREAT flight.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Maker of Shiny things

Default Motors

I flew my 1b on the 4 C motors , it is a nice flight , now granted I took every precaution waited untill the wind was a near vaccuum , put a 4 foot chute on it , and prayed a bit.

It flew just fine , stayed nice and comfortably close , and landed like it was on a pillow . I dont know when and if I will fly it again .. I have a vid online somewhere of it
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Guerrilla Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
It would be MUCH more impressive on a cluster of four SU 18mm D21-4T or D10-4W motors though.
Four C6-3's is slightly less power than ONE E28 reload or E30 single use motor that is much less hassle. That single reload or SU motor costs significantly less as well.
If I was to cluster the composites I would use D21's as blue thunder is a much more "instant" ignition propellant than white lightning unless using very hot igniters.
A full 80n-sec in a 1/70 S1B is a GREAT flight.

Like I said before, it all depends on what your goals are. If it's ease of launch, a single SU motor is the way to go. If you want a greater challenge, clustering is the way to go.

I haven't had a close up look at the Semroc Saturn 1B kit, so I don't know if clustering 4x 24mm is possible. I would like to build a Saturn V with a 5X cluster.

The Blue Thunders are easier to light, but the White Lightnings would provide for a more realistic launch, due to their slower acceleration, smoke, and flame coloration. I heard that putting a small piece of Blue Thunder propellant in the core with the ignitor helps with clustering composites, but I've never tried it.

I remember watching the Apollo flights, those big birds seemed to strain getting off of the pad. Michael Collins talked about the possibility of the gimbals messing up and running the ship into the tower......with the expected results!

NAR #91736 (SR)