Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2021, 03:05 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Inspections of senior housing for cleanliness ?
WTH ??
Years ago, the local "housing inspector" wanted to be let in to inspect our lake condos.
I told him if he held ownership, I'd be glad to, otherwise get the hell outta here and don't come back.
He got the clue.

For younger folks who are fully capable of 'keeping up a home', yeah, inspections like that probably are a bit much. But for elderly folks or people with physical and/or potentially mental limitations or decline, those inspections are VERY much for the 'good and safety' of the residents.

Sadly, without some 'check' such as that some folks may wind up, due to no real fault of their own, in living conditions that no one should be subjected to because in some cases, NO ONE is checking on their well-being day-to-day or month-to-month.

Though it would not really apply to him directly, I suspect Jason would agree, in the case of the elderly and potentially dementia-leaning residents, inspections of that type are, unfortunately needed.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 09-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I wanted to post the resolution (for now) of the old motors.

The motors were donated to the local rocket club who will help them find new homes moving forward. The person who took possession said he would take some pictures of the motors and ensure they find a good home.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sandy.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:50 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
For younger folks who are fully capable of 'keeping up a home', yeah, inspections like that probably are a bit much. But for elderly folks or people with physical and/or potentially mental limitations or decline, those inspections are VERY much for the 'good and safety' of the residents.

Sadly, without some 'check' such as that some folks may wind up, due to no real fault of their own, in living conditions that no one should be subjected to because in some cases, NO ONE is checking on their well-being day-to-day or month-to-month.

Though it would not really apply to him directly, I suspect Jason would agree, in the case of the elderly and potentially dementia-leaning residents, inspections of that type are, unfortunately needed.

Earl
Yes--more than once, our landlady's first sign that something was amiss was other residents telling her, "There's a terrible smell coming from Apartment 307! Old George keeps to himself, and no one's seen him for about a week!" When I go downstairs and see that a large amount of belongings have suddenly been placed in the Social Room on the first floor, I know that we have a vacancy "due to natural causes." I have some dead people's clothes, dishes, books, etc., that were put on and around the "Take-It Table" there (Estes has their "Make-It, Take-It" rocket kit, too"... :-) ) Also:

Just a few years before I moved here in 2007 (from my old house down the street), as I was told by my first landlady, some residents in here were running meth labs in their units! The inspections (there are others, by building maintenance to check the wiring and appliances, and by the fire department to check the fire extinguishers), while always done for their own reasons, also had/have the beneficial side-effect of making the meth-makers easier to catch, and:

I can--with difficulty--get my unit in condition to pass the inspection, but many if not most of the other residents can't, for the reasons you mentioned. There's a "recommended" cleaner they can hire, Drew's Cleaning (they aren't restricted to hiring just him; but he knows the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation rules and how to meet them, and his charges are low), if they can't clean their units themselves.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 09-06-2021, 06:52 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy H.
I wanted to post the resolution (for now) of the old motors.

The motors were donated to the local rocket club who will help them find new homes moving forward. The person who took possession said he would take some pictures of the motors and ensure they find a good home.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sandy.
Thank you for letting us know. That sounds like a very good solution and outcome.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 09-06-2021, 08:35 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I'm a firm believer in that the gov't should have zero legal influence in what any person chooses to consume whether it be food, drink, or chemical. Draconian drug policies never have and never will work to eliminate production or consumption. Waste of time and money.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 12-30-2021, 10:30 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I have a free FSI F100-6 that no one wants. I'm in Eastern PA, with connections in MA, NJ, and NC. PM me if there's an interest.

-Frank
Old 12-30-2021, 11:50 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I passed the motors I was trying to relocate to another local group. They do fly Tripoli Research days, so could fly the motor. If you can't pass it along to someone close to you, if you can get it to NC, I can help to get it to SC.

Sandy.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:40 AM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzoli
I have a free FSI F100-6 that no one wants. I'm in Eastern PA, with connections in MA, NJ, and NC. PM me if there's an interest.

-Frank

Hi Frank, I am in Churchville and I can pick it up today if that works for you. We discussed before but I got busy, sorry. I will send you an email also.