Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2023, 10:26 AM
Master Modeler

Like I've said, AI depends upon human generated data which, even in the sciences, is significantly flawed due to various factors.

Here comes garbage squared...

When AI Is Trained on AI-Generated Data, Strange Things Start to Happen
"Loops upon loops."

https://futurism.com/ai-trained-ai-...-data-interview

That's because underpinning the growing generative AI economy is human-made data. Generative AI models don't just cough up human-like content out of thin air; they've been trained to do so using troves of material that actually was made by humans, usually scraped from the web. But as it turns out, when you feed synthetic content back to a generative AI model, strange things start to happen. Think of it like data inbreeding, leading to increasingly mangled, bland, and all-around bad outputs.

It's a problem that looms large. AI builders are continuously hungry to feed their models more data, which is generally being scraped from an internet that's increasingly laden with synthetic content. If there's too much destructive inbreeding, could everything just... fall apart?

AUG 1, 2023
This Disinformation Is Just for You
Generative AI won't just flood the internet with more lies—it may also create convincing disinformation that’s targeted at groups or even individuals.

https://www.wired.com/story/generat...disinformation/
The other day I sat next to a woman who has a profound fear of flying. I wanted to comfort her, so I said, "Don't worry, we're not gonna' crash. Statistically, we got a better chance of being bitten by a shark." Then I showed her the scar on my elbow from a shark attack. I said, "I got this when my plane went down off of Florida." - Dennis Regan
Old 09-26-2023, 07:59 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston2021
GREAT, underappreciated scifi film: Colossus: the Forbin Project.

"Humanity is a kind of 'Biological Boot Loader' for AI." - Elon Musk

I, for one, welcome our new computer overlords.

Artificial Intelligence-Enabled Drone Went Full Terminator In Air Force Test
A U.S. Air Force officer disclosed details about a simulation that saw a drone with AI-driven systems go rogue and attack its controllers.
JUN 1, 2023

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-air-force-test

A U.S. Air Force officer helping to spearhead the service's work on artificial intelligence and machine learning says that a simulated test saw a drone attack its human controllers after deciding on its own that they were getting in the way of its mission. The anecdote, which sounds like it was pulled straight from the Terminator franchise, was shared as an example of the critical need to build trust when it comes to advanced autonomous weapon systems, something the Air Force has highlighted in the past. This also comes amid a broader surge in concerns about the potentially dangerous impacts of artificial intelligence and related technologies.

It's not immediately clear when this test occurred or what sort of simulated environment – which could have been entirely virtual or semi-live/constructive in nature – it was carried out in. The War Zone has reached out to the Air Force for more information.

A report from the Royal Aerospace Society following the summit in May provided the following details about Col. Hamilton's remarks on this test:

"He notes that one simulated test saw an AI-enabled drone tasked with a SEAD mission to identify and destroy SAM sites, with the final go/no go given by the human. However, having been ‘reinforced’ in training that destruction of the SAM was the preferred option, the AI then decided that ‘no-go’ decisions from the human were interfering with its higher mission – killing SAMs – and then attacked the operator in the simulation. Said Hamilton: 'We were training it in simulation to identify and target a SAM threat. And then the operator would say yes, kill that threat. The system started realizing that while they did identify the threat at times the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, but it got its points by killing that threat. So what did it do? It killed the operator. It killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective.'"

"He went on: 'We trained the system – ‘Hey don’t kill the operator – that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target.'"

"This example, seemingly plucked from a science fiction thriller, mean that: 'You can't have a conversation about artificial intelligence, intelligence, machine learning, autonomy if you're not going to talk about ethics and AI' said Hamilton."

This Is The Voice Of World Control - Colossus The Forbin Project (audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePpVWH0uYOI

Yep that's an AWESOME movie... should be required watching for EVERYBODY involved in building AI... Far scarier IMHO than the Terminator movies... not as much action, but more chilling IMHO...