Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Hey ya'll watch my ostrich impersonation!

Be sure to scroll down to view the pictures: https://www.chronicle-express.com/a.../NEWS/307209961

I was one of the "crew" that spent an hour digging this one out of the ground. I still have the phenolic liner and nozzle from the M2000 used for the flight. The spent fuel grains and paper liners were smashed tightly into the forward closure (even bent the eye bolt on top of the motor casing), almost all the burnt stuff came out when we finally got the forward closure off.

I hate to say this, but it was one of my friend Pat's most memorable flights. The other was when he flew a E-Interceptor and had a deployment failure, the announcer says "heads up, incoming hot over the parking lot" Then we heard the terrible sound of breaking glass and everyone seems to start heading over to the parking lot to see what got hit. Pat was running as fast as he could, worried sick about what he was going find. Needless to say when we got to the parking lot we found he nailed the back windshield of his own (brand new) minivan.

I guess that was the fastest way to pack up your rocket after a flight!
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Last edited by teflonrocketry1 : 09-02-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Sometimes collector

Great stories and pics. I was at That LDRS and was fortunate to have the science channel crew approach me and ask if they could strap a camera on my rocket, and I let them. The liftoff appeared for a few seconds in the opening of that show. The bad news is I did not see the Tin Man, I would have loved to see it.