Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0202
Carl,
My suggestion is that you are going to have to ask Bruce, as your chief Wal-Mart negotiator, to walk ALL the way over to housewares and charm Alice into making that LONG, dangerous journey back over to the Estes-Cox section....

I'm surprised that any of you (or Alice) can even find the 12" (or less) of shelf space devoted to rocketry products; it usually takes me at least 10 minutes of really focused hunting to locate it in any of the W-M's that I have been in. (BTW, our "Alice" is named Katelyn...)

Back in the '60's, I was often advised to "go ask Alice," but that was in an entirely different context...

MarkII
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Back in the '60's, I was often advised to "go ask Alice," but that was in an entirely different context...

MarkII

Was she just small?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Was she just small?

Yes, after the Red Queen lopped off her head.

Remember what the Dormouse said...

MarkII
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Remember what the Dormouse said...

Feed your head...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I remember the space age

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Woohoo! Ladies and gentlemen, MARK MAYFIELD back in the house! (uproarious applause)

Cheers,

Jay,
Wow. I always wanted to see my name in big yellow caps. Thanks! Definitely too much going on here at YORF for me to miss. After all, when I heard that Barry Tunick had apologized to Bob Kaplow... whew, I knew that YORF was red hot AND that hell had frozen over. I don't think the State Department could come close to that kind of détente.

As Carl said, I've never really been away. Just getting things back on track with LAUNCH and keeping them on track with our other publications. (And took a little time to go to the Masters, too. Golf and rockets!)

And in the meantime, also as Carl said, I've been tinkering: Built the LAUNCH missile, of course, and just finished the Semroc version of the Hustler. Such a great rocket. And now on to a queue of others in addition to tuning up a Saturn V for NARAM this summer.

Now, we must drag race the Tau Zero and the LAUNCH missile at some point this summer. I've got an idea: Send me some of your video equipment, and we can do a live East-West satellite broadcast drag race from Idaho and New York!

All best!
Mark
NAR #14464
launchmagonline.com
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking "Time travel, you say?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0202
Jay,
Wow. I always wanted to see my name in big yellow caps. Thanks!
I prefer to think of them as *gold.* (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Quote:
Now, we must drag race the Tau Zero and the LAUNCH missile at some point this summer. I've got an idea: Send me some of your video equipment, and we can do a live East-West satellite broadcast drag race from Idaho and New York!
(slowly catching on, but not necessarily liking it) Hey, wait, you're two whole hours ahead of me here in Mountain Time. Doesn't that mean you'll launch your rocket two hours earlier than mine? (snickering and snorting)

Actually, I don't think I can afford to pay for the satellite time. See, we're trying to figure out if we have enough money to build a much-needed addition on the back of our house, and...

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014