Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypv
I built my SkonkWulf stock, it weighs 8.4 oz. CG is at 10.625 from nose tip without motor.
I made a pretty accurate Rocksim file and it puts the CP at 16.9.
I've flow it on D12-3s, E12-4s and once on an
E15-4. I liked the E12s best.

I just realized Daniel is in the back round of the first launch shot.

Those look great. We are pretty lucky we won WWII...

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 05-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Flying since 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
Thanks. Yes, without the cannabis, I tremor too much to even work a TV remote. And no matter how hard I push on the refrigerator door, it just won't open.

I have not heard of a modern refrigerator that has to be pushed to open. All of the refrigerators that i have used in the last 30 years required one to pull on the door handle to open the doors.

Mike Toelle

NAR 31692 L1

SAM 0373
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtoelle
I have not heard of a modern refrigerator that has to be pushed to open. All of the refrigerators that i have used in the last 30 years required one to pull on the door handle to open the doors.

Hmm, like this?

www.shrox.com
Old 05-01-2015, 03:19 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Nice looking built Skonk-Wulf !

Great design, Shrox.

I have been meaning to purchase a Lexx-Jet, but just have not gotten around to it.
That one is your best looking design in my opinion.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-02-2015, 07:20 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
Hmm, like this?

But what do you tie to the beer cans so the dog can pick them up, since they don't have opposable thumbs?? LOL

Reminds me of that classic "Far Side" cartoon with all the dog scientists working feverishly in a lab, and the caption reads "Knowing that it could change the lives of dogs everywhere, the dog scientists worked diligently to understand the doorknob principle..."

LOL

Later! OL JR
Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
But what do you tie to the beer cans so the dog can pick them up, since they don't have opposable thumbs?? LOL

Reminds me of that classic "Far Side" cartoon with all the dog scientists working feverishly in a lab, and the caption reads "Knowing that it could change the lives of dogs everywhere, the dog scientists worked diligently to understand the doorknob principle..."

LOL

Later! OL JR

I was looking for help on how I can open the refrigerator door, I think my initial concept was flawed. I am going to psych myself up and try this "pulling" thing.

Push or pull can be confusing.

www.shrox.com
Old 06-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Almost shovel ready

My last post in this thread was, I think, on April 29, 2015. Then it began to rain...and rain...and rain some more. Nineteen inches on my rain gauge and much more nearby, including the Gunter HP field which has also been declared "off limits" to rocket activity until further notice.

And now it's raining again courtesy of T. S. Bill. More floods, muddy fields and sticky conditions. This is not the time to be spray painting anything, especially something as intricate as a Skonk Wulf by Shrox. But's it's high upon my agenda after I finish some other stuff that has also been delayed, like:

. Fixing the lawn tractor and all the other junk that would't start because of the rain

. Mowing the lawn and pasture in between rain storms

. Cleaning out the shop/garage enough to build Guillotines for Apogee

. Waiting for the air to be dry enough to do woodworking

. Watching the grass grow

. Feeding the catfish, pestering my cattleman for delivery of some calves and waiting for the chimney repair expert to finish the job he started and then quit because of the rain

. Making friends and influencing people over on TRF

. Watching it rain

. Psyching myself up to do my income taxes before the extension runs out

. Helping my son with his bathroom rennovation

As soon as I get all of these obligations fulfilled, I promise, I'm going to finish painting the Skonk Wulf and the U. S. Rockets V-2 and apply the decals to the Estes Renegade. And repair a bunch of broken fins and do my income taxes. It'll be October by then and I should be good to go!
Old 10-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Master Modeler

As soon as I get all of these obligations fulfilled, I promise, I'm going to finish painting the Skonk Wulf and the U. S. Rockets V-2 and apply the decals to the Estes Renegade. And repair a bunch of broken fins and do my income taxes. It'll be October by then and I should be good to go![/QUOTE]

Well Mr Macklin? What's your excuse today?(arms folded and foot tapping) It's late October and were waiting.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Almost shovel ready

Fatigue.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Almost shovel ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
As soon as I get all of these obligations fulfilled, I promise, I'm going to finish painting the Skonk Wulf and the U. S. Rockets V-2 and apply the decals to the Estes Renegade. And repair a bunch of broken fins and do my income taxes. It'll be October by then and I should be good to go!

Well Mr Macklin? What's your excuse today?(arms folded and foot tapping) It's late October and were waiting. [/QUOTE]

Fatigue was indeed the short answer.

In addition to the aforementioned list of obligations, my son talked me into a building project to replace the building which collapsed during the now famous sleet storm in December of 2013. Since he will inherit this place one day and banks are paying squat on money market accounts, I said let her her rip. So about a month ago I tore into cleaning up the remaining debris for the POS building which collapsed. That took about a week and two weekends on my JD 950 with a box scraper and a whole bunch of "pick up sticks".

As soon as that task was done, here comes the building contractor with his Case 287C skid loader. Ho Lee Quap, those young men were fast I tells ya! A week later we got us a nice post tensioned slab. After a week or so lull in the action the steel finally arrived last Thursday, 10/22/15 and was erected by 2:00 PM, just before the sky opened up and dumped nearly six inches on us.

Not to be deterred, Jeremy Earnhart and his crew arrived early Monday and had most of the wall panels and insulation installed. Today they finished the walls, roof, corner trim, rakes and gutters. 1,500 square feet of nice, new clean shop building erected in three days flat.
Very impressive.

So why am I fatigued? While all this was going on I decided to tear into my existing shop/garage building that I built myself 31 years ago. While it has held up pretty well, the termites found a pathway to the rafters via any untreated lumber and turned much of the north wall up to roof into Swiss Cheese. So, at the tender age of 70, I've been fixing that.

Today the weather was beautiful and as Jeremy's crew had never seen a model rocket fly, I loaded up my CC-Express with a D12-0 booster to an E9-8 sustainer and we lit the candle on that puppy! Ben (Jeremy's crew chief) made a great cellphone video and promised to email me a copy which I will post on YouTube ASAP. It went very high but I managed to retrieve everything intact!

Oh yeah, I did get all the GD taxes paid, the US Rockets V-2 painted, the decals on the Renegade applied and if I really bust my a$$ I could get the Skonk Woof painted before Thanksgiving!

Here's a few pictures which kinda tell the story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0690.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  1.13 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1162.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  509.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1168.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  287.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1185.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  523.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  555.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1218.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  533.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1223.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  465.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1240.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  431.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1246.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  479.7 KB  

Last edited by tmacklin : 10-28-2015 at 09:59 PM.