Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

I just finished filing the report at NAR from the above link! I haven't gone to the Estes site yet. Not that their site is of much use anyway...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Master Modeler

Contact Christine in customer service at Estes, she will help you out.
1-800-525-7561 X216
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Old BAR

You reckon there's anyone at Estes that knows what a MESS report is?
Anyone there that can make their website actually work?
I'd be happy for them to borrow by 11 year old son to help them with their stupid website.
My, how the mighty have fallen...........
Allen
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Master Modeler

YES
Christine would know.
Estes in still working on being in compliance with CPSC HR4040 (lead law)
They are also working on the Classic Series as well.
These are tough times for everyone.
I'm sure other rocket companies are feeling the crunch as well.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Trust me, it'll work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
YES
Christine would know.
Estes in still working on being in compliance with CPSC HR4040 (lead law)
They are also working on the Classic Series as well.
These are tough times for everyone.
I'm sure other rocket companies are feeling the crunch as well.

I should know! The only reason I have time for rockets is because I've been layed off since last September! But even so, as fundamental as my html skills are, I could do a better job than Estes has. The last support email I did through their site took 2 months to answer. At this point I'd work for free rocket stuff...

P.S. Fred, when I filed the report to NAR I put you as a reference in the comments box.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

Hey! I got a reply back from Christine already. She said the date code is from 1995 and she would send a free pack of motors to replace them! Is she "cool" or what!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
Hey! I got a reply back from Christine already. She said the date code is from 1995 and she would send a free pack of motors to replace them! Is she "cool" or what!!!

The Doctor has the RX for success, Christine is the best and she does what she can to help out the customers.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Forest Sprite

Estes/Cox is a company. It is not the Evil Empire, and it is not run by the Politburo. It exists to sell products to customers, not to rob them of their money (financial services managers do that) or to make their lives miserable. I think that their website is actually pretty good, and is vastly improved over what it used to look like, but it could use a minor update. It is hardly the first company website that I have run across that lacks the latest information, though. The Estes Rockets website does not feature a web store, because their business model involves selling through distributors rather than directly to customers. There was a very long and rancorous thread about all of this last year, and I really, really do not want to revisit any of that. There have been a lot of bad actors in the economic sphere in the last few years who have done truly evil things to individuals and institutions, and to the economy in general. They deserve our scorn. Companies like Estes that are still in business, still employing people, and still providing us with products that we want, do not.

MarkII
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 03-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

No one here said they are an Evil Empire (unlike Microsoft). But I don't think it is to much to ask, of any company, if you claim to be professional, to act the part. And that includes an updated web site.

As for sales, I understand if they want to supply distributors only. But they list replacement parts, that I need, but no way to buy them. Most hobby shops do not carry "everything" like they used to. I don't think it is to much to ask for a list of retailers that carry what they offer.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
No one here said they are an Evil Empire (unlike Microsoft). But I don't think it is to much to ask, of any company, if you claim to be professional, to act the part. And that includes an updated web site.

As for sales, I understand if they want to supply distributors only. But they list replacement parts, that I need, but no way to buy them. Most hobby shops do not carry "everything" like they used to. I don't think it is to much to ask for a list of retailers that carry what they offer.

I agree with the comments from Mark.......
You can contact christine about replacement parts.
As I have mentioned previously, Estes is trying their best in very hard economic times to stay afloat, remember, model rockets is a niche business, it's not like food products or any other household item. You can do without model rockets, compared to basic staples to support your home and life.
As, remember, Estes is working with a very limited staff, and, updating their web site is second nature to bringing out the Classic Series, more motors and other new products.
We need to support Estes, not knock them down as they try their best to provide the products that we all want and need, especially motors.
Only with the complete turn around in the world business climate will any company get back to what they did in the past.
In my opinion, we are in a depression, not a recession and it will take a long time to craw out of it.