Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2022, 10:46 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Was the Sky Raider ever recovered? It's not hard to clone, but it was an original classic that I'd hate to lose.

"By, the way, Fred did retrieve his Sky Raider!"

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 03-10-2022, 10:51 AM
BP Mafia

We're actually supposed to have a launch this weekend in the beanfield. We had rain earlier in the week, so that might have made for a muddy, but doable, launch experience. Unfortunately we have a storm rolling in Friday night that's supposed to dump 3 - 5" on us here in Cincy, lord knows what it will be like up nort'. Not to mention an on-field high of 24 on Saturday. I might have to don't the boots and go muckin' again.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 03-10-2022, 10:59 AM
'nother Old Fart BAR....

Hi, pterodactyl,

Thanks.

It is a great launch site. It's a park that encompasses about eight well-maintained soccer fields, plus some additional outlying park grounds. The only downside is that the field can really only be used for rocket flying on weekdays. The park is crowded with soccer games on weekends. This sucks for those of our group who work, because they have to schedule time away from their jobs to be able to attend these launch sessions.

Surprisingly, all the photos are taken with a Samsung smart phone. Launch photos are clipped from video recordings of the flights. They are not as clear as one would get with a good quality high speed digital camera, but they suffice for my purposes.

Check out my wonderful model rocketry blog here:
https://castlerocketeer.blogspot.com/
Old 03-10-2022, 11:04 AM
'nother Old Fart BAR....

Yes, Fred did get the Sky Raider back !! He drove over to the building after the meet was over and was able to easily retrieve it.

Check out my wonderful model rocketry blog here:
https://castlerocketeer.blogspot.com/
Old 03-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
"By, the way, Fred did retrieve his Sky Raider!"

Considering that single quote wasn't with the Sky Raider photos, and considering I only have a couple minutes at a time to look at stuff when I'm at work, and considering I only stopped and read about the models that interested me, I'm not too fond of they eye rolls. But I guess I'll get over it. It's been one of those days that is making me consider early retirement.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:41 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Considering that single quote wasn't with the Sky Raider photos, and considering I only have a couple minutes at a time to look at stuff when I'm at work, and considering I only stopped and read about the models that interested me, I'm not too fond of they eye rolls. But I guess I'll get over it. It's been one of those days that is making me consider early retirement.

Wow, this is an odd day. GH apologizing for being on a soapbox and you take exception to something like that? Did I slip into a parallel universe when I wasn't looking?

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 03-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Wow, this is an odd day. GH apologizing for being on a soapbox and you take exception to something like that? Did I slip into a parallel universe when I wasn't looking?

Nah, I'm good with it. It just caught me off guard with the day I've been having. You know how those can be!

But yeah, the two of us weren't behaving quite like normal!