Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Rocket Boosted Gliders
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2021, 10:34 AM
Craftsman

Default Estes Antar Upscale for R/C rocket glide recovery

Here is one I cranked out yesterday using bt-80 tubing and pnc-80K which is closer to the original Stine model I think than the released kit, but it was all I had. I used depron 6mm for the surfaces, tail controls only for roll/pitch. Wing/tail tweaked for better glide/CG but I tried to keep the lines/look as much as I could. I chose red instead of forrest green for the color scheme however. overall weight is 10.5 oz ready to fly with 24mm Aerotech E-6, flies great!

https://youtu.be/FhwnRiNMuJM
Old 05-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Craftsman

How are you getting PNC-80Ks now? Those arent available individually like they were years ago, you must have some secret inside source......

I've always *LOVED* those, when used with Bt-80s made for some nice light but larger glider bodies. Would grab a half dozen of these if somehow available. And, I do mean REAL Estes type PNCs, not the heavier HPR styled 80 noses!
Old 05-22-2021, 08:32 PM
Craftsman

About a year ago Estes uncerimoniously added those under the TARC parts pull down on their main web page. I had just spoken with estes 2 weeks earlier via email asking if they'd ever sell them individually and they said only if I ordered a thousand or two. Then all of a sudden they just showed up under that tarc parts and supplies section

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronMike
How are you getting PNC-80Ks now? Those arent available individually like they were years ago, you must have some secret inside source......

I've always *LOVED* those, when used with Bt-80s made for some nice light but larger glider bodies. Would grab a half dozen of these if somehow available. And, I do mean REAL Estes type PNCs, not the heavier HPR styled 80 noses!