Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > 3D Printing Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default 3D Printable Component Generators

I don't think I've ever posted any of these here, so I thought I'd put them all together in this post. Unfortunately, the links below are to posts in 'that other forum'. If there's an interest and need, I'll consider reposting them here.

All of these items are OpenSCAD language files that are used with the OpenSCAD CAD program. Knowledge of the language or use of the CAD system is not necessary - all of the files use the OpenSCAD Customizer feature, which places configurable parameters in a (somewhat) easy to use set of controls and entry fields. The user must, however, install OpenSCAD and do some minor configuration to use the Customizer. All of this is detailed pretty clearly (I think) in the first item.

OpenSCAD can produce .stl files of the component, ready for printing.

In several cases, I've included the original item post, which contains instructions and screenshots of the item, and a follow-up post with updated code. In all cases, the code is in the form of a downloadable .txt file, which must be renamed to .scad for use by OpenSCAD. All of the files can be opened in a text editor, and they usually contain OpenSCAD install instructions in the comments, plus instructions for use of the item.

After I go through and clean these up, I'll eventually get them all on Thingiverse. Enjoy.

CONFIGURABLE FIN CAN << This first post details OpenSCAD installation and use, and instructions for use of the Fin Can. The OpenSCAD file is updated in a follow-up post here.

TRANSITION SECTION GENERATOR

CONFIGURABLE TRAPEZOIDAL FIN CAN

CONFIGURABLE CENTERING / CLUSTER RING GENERATOR

CONFIGURABLE FIN GUIDE

CONFIGURABLE TUBE DRILL GUIDE

CONFIGURABLE RAIL BUTTON STANDOFFS ... but this was replaced by...
CONFIGURABLE AERODYNAMIC RAIL BUTTON STANDOFFS with updated code here.

CONFIGURABLE INTERIOR RAIL BUTTON NUT BACKPLATES with updated code here.

I didn't realize there were that many. I really need to work on some more.