Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Master Modeler

Default My collection is out of control

When I got back into rocketry 3 years ago I wanted to collect most of the 1979 Estes rockets. Well I did that, but I continued to collect more and more of the Estes classics. I cleaned out one of my closets last night and these are the rockets I pulled out. These are not including my vintage box kits or kits I have hanging on the wall. I have a lot of duplicated kits that would be hard to clone someday if the situation arises. I plan to build and fly each of these kits.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Master Modeler

Don't think about touching my rockets, My guard dog awaits.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Wow.

I doubt I'd ever have the time to build a fraction of that. I'd be hard pressed to find the time just to lay them out for a photo-op......... Then put them back again. You do put them away, don't you?

I must say I do envy the collection. The wife has got to see these pics so the twenty or so I've got waiting to build seem insignificant.

If you do decide there's too much on your plate, I'd be happy to take one of those Photon Disruptors off your hands.

Nice looking guard dog, BTW.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Craftsman

Why must you taunt us?!?!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 PM
BAR

That's a lot of rockets. Really liked the dog-shaped one ... "Rastro."
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Looks to be more than a TOUCH out of control, but then again I LIKE things that are out of control in a good way such as this.
Out of all those kits I did not see a single Skill level 5 Saturn V/1B or K-41 Mercury Redstone.
What gives ????

"Rastro" Looks like a good pal & about as mean as my guard dawg "Macy" ; my purebred Cocker Spaniel

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Master Modeler

So you are the guy who kept outbidding me on ebay!

I notice you don't have any of the Estes boxed Maxi Brute rockets. Are you only collecting bagged kits?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Master Modeler

If anyone is interested, I have oveer $4000.00 worth of Estes kits for sale as a lot, individual, Star wars, Starter Sets, some one of a kind, a Total of about 212 pieces.

Selling for $2000.00 plus shipping, contact me via PM for the list.

Thanks RD
Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
When I got back into rocketry 3 years ago I wanted to collect most of the 1979 Estes rockets... I plan to build and fly each of these kits.

Hey scigs, be sure to look through the XEKL and see if you have anything still marked in RED in that fine collection of bags. Since you've said you intend to build them, then opening them isn't an issue. I'm reasonably sure we don't have that Alpha II scanned or posted, for example.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Master Modeler

The reason you don't see the boxed kits is because they are on shelves. The bagged kits need to be organized so that is why they are out. I will organize them and put them away. As far as the K41 Redstone, I have two of those kits. They are the red tags you see behind the 2 Starlab kits. As far as Maxi Brutes, I have some but I am not really looking at building them. As of right now I don't want to collect kits that I have no intention building. That might change some day. The Maxi Kits I do have are: Maxi Alpha's, Maxi X-Wing, Colossus, 1/100th Saturn V and B. I will take some pictures of my Box kits, Alpha III, Der Big Red Max, Challenger, Star Wars Torpedo, Star Trek rocket, all 5 of the boxed Goonies, Colonial Viper, Astrocam, 3 Mars landers, 2 Boxed Citation Bomarcs, and the list goes on. When I take them down for dusting, I will post pictures. Also if you see rockets that I have and you need scans let me know. I don't mind opening the kits.